Thursday, April 20, 2023

Thankful Thimble Thursday with Sunshine and the Letter Q

It's Thursday, which means it's time to be thankful!

Thimble is of course here to share her gratitude. As is often the case lately, Thimble is thankful for that sunshine.


Darn it. Her human got in the way of her sun puddle. Move, human.


More. Scooch over, human.


There. That's much better. Thimble is wishing you all lots of sunshine as well!



***

And now we're ready for today's edition of the April A to Z Challenge.


My theme is "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things", and today we've reached the letter Q. This wasn't an easy one, but I still somewhat easily picked quiet, or what they call quietude.


That there is admittedly a flashback doodle, but the one I had scribbled up for today just ended up not seeming right. I can probably use if for one of the last letters of the alphabet, which I haven't finished drawings for yet. That said, my type of quietude involves me being tucked in the comfort of my home, surrounded by my furbabies, books, art, and that sort of thing. For me, Q could also stand for quirky or quaint things, like the random potion bottles in that there doodle. That sort of thing just kind of speaks to me, so I thought I'd throw that in there as well.



***

Now, let's share the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.

1. I was pleased to hear that _________.

2. There should be a _________ Appreciation Day.

3. I have a lot of confidence in my ability to _________.

4. _________ is easier said than done.


We'll see you tomorrow, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday's tip for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month offered suggestions for reporting animal cruelty that you might witness. To further that, did you know that some areas have cruelty prevention programs or task forces? These are often part of the local animal control, humane society, or other similar organization. Therefore, if you wish to further assist in the prevention of animal cruelty in your area, do your research and see if your area offers a program such as this and inquire as to how to join. If your area does not offer such a program, there are still ways you can help when it comes to preventing cruelty. Over the next couple of days we'll be going into detail about some the ways you can help prevent animal cruelty, so stay tuned.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Sometimes, quietude means the human had better find out what the heck the cats are getting up to that they shouldn't!
Hahahaha!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

thimble yoo iz beautiful!!

messymimi said...

Thimble, like mommy, wants a "piece of quiet"!

pilch92 said...

Thimble is a cutie. I prefer quietude too. Nice drawing and excellent tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable doodle. Hope your human moved quickly, Thimble!