Monday, April 24, 2023

Mancat Monday: Snoozing, Snacking, and TV Time

Hello, friends! This past weekend turned out far crazier than I anticipated. Our internet was finally upgraded, though with many complications along the way. By the time that was sorted out, I ran out of time to get my laptop and scanner on board with the new internet setup. So, now here we are yet again posting late after falling off the face of the earth over the weekend.

I hope to get all of the above final technological issues sorted out tonight, or at least within the next couple of days, but for now here's mancat Evan on this Mancat Monday.

Evan has been enjoying his naps these days. He's been feeling great now that his UTI is all cleared up, so he plays hard and then naps even harder. Of course, whatever blanket this human mom of his is using is the best place to curl up for that nap. And I don't mind that one bit.




***

Now, let's try to catch up with the April A to Z Challenge in some way.

My A to Z theme this year is "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things". During our absence on Saturday we missed the letter S, and now today we're at the letter T. Since I'm still fighting my ancient laptop and my even more ancient scanner following our internet upgrade, I didn't manage to get the new doodles for either of those letters scanned to share. So, I went through some old doodles to see what I could do to still share something for those two. I wanted to try to find something that included at least one of the brainstormed ideas I had already considered for S and T this year, and I ended up finding one single doodle that could cover both. In this doodle from many years ago, S stands for snacking, and T stands for TV time.


I'm one of those people who might put the TV on in the evenings even if I'm not watching it closely. Sometimes I'll be drawing or writing, or even reading, but I still enjoy having the TV on in the background. Then there are nights when I'll sit down and binge an entire TV series with my full attention, or even have myself a movie marathon. More often than not, no matter how I'm watching TV, some sort of snack will be involved, and popcorn is a favorite.

As a side note, there will still be a variety of alphabet-related doodles on our blog come May. This is not the first time this month that I couldn't manage to get my new doodles for a particular letter successfully scanned to share with you all. So, all of those abandoned doodles will end up being shared in retrospect.



***
Tip of the Day
 
We've gotten into the habit of revamping and re-sharing old series of tips, and we're doing that again now with a series of tips on pet safety in the spring. Today's springtime tip is one that we've shared far more than once before, and that is to always be aware and cautious of the plants you have both in your garden and in your house. Some of the springtime plants that can be highly toxic to our furbabies include certain lilies, daffodils, and tulips. The list most certainly does not end there, though.

All of the above is why, before you bring any plants anywhere near your kitty or pup, always do your research and understand any potential toxicity. One good resource for finding out the potential toxicity of plant types is by perusing the ASPCA's extensive information on plants, which you can find by clicking here. In short, to keep your furbaby safe this spring, of course be aware of any and all plants with which they come in contact. And, of course, if you have any concern that your furbaby may have gained access to a toxic plant, seek veterinary assistance as soon as possible.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Evan, I love your whiskers that start dark but change to white!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Happy Monday Evan, we hope your week is epically epic!

pilch92 said...

I am glad Evan is feeling better. He is such a cutie. Nice drawing and great tips. Thank you for the link to the poisonous plants too. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

So glad Evan is feeling good. I have the TV on in the background most of the time when I'm home too.

messymimi said...

I'm glad Evan is so much more chipper now with the UTI gone.

Snacking while watching TV is a great way to cover both letters!