Saturday, December 26, 2015

Not so "Cat"urday Art

For last week's Caturday Art post, I shared a drawing I made of my angel Rosie, which was part of a fun little series I decided to create for the furbabies in my life. For this week's pawesome Caturday Art blog hop, hosted by Athena and Marie, I thought I'd share the next drawing I made in this perhaps goofy little set.

This one is for Astrid, the sweet, cat-surrounded, goofball of a pup in my life. I know she's not a cat, so it's not really "Cat"urday Art. I apologize.

Just as I did last week, I'll give a brief explanation for this piece, so that hopefully it will make at least a little sense for you. Astrid is a young, happy, and very, very active dog. She loves to go on walks (which, sadly, are in short supply right now, due to the benign tumor on her foot), and she loves to play, and she loves to run. Sometimes, Astrid even "goes on a run", as my sister and I call it. This can happen outside, inside, when she's excited (is that Pawpaw at the front door?, did someone say "walk"?, peanut butter?), if she wants her food bowl filled, if she needs to use the restroom, and even when she's just gotten home from a long, tiring walk. When Astrid, who is just over 60 lbs, "goes on a run", it's a little like a natural disaster. (Honestly, more often than not, one of Astrid's wild runs lands her in a bit of a timeout, which my sister and I more often call a "reset". This usually does the trick, and she comes back out acting like nothing even happened.)

So, here's the piece I created for my sweet little pup. I'm tentatively calling it "Dogzilla"...
I hope everybuddy had a very merry Christmas! Stay tuned, because our Sunday Selfie post tomorrow will be a little review of our Christmas festivities.


***

7 comments:

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a cute picture of Astrid.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

It's a great pic and ALL animals are welcome on our hop!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You are such a talented artist!

pilch92 said...

That came out great. I hope Astrid's foot get better so she can go for long walks again.

meowmeowmans said...

That's such a fun illustration of Astrid! We're hoping and purring that her foot continues to heal on schedule. Hugs!

Cathy Keisha said...

Great Cataurday art in the guise of a woofie.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

you are sooo talented!
xoxo
catchatwithcarenandcody