Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sunday Selfie

 Evan has a selfie to share today!


I'm pretty sure Evan has shared a couple of other selfies in the past that were nearly identical to this one. That's probably because that window is one of Evan's favorite places to sit, so he snaps lots of selfies there. Either way, Evan hopes you all enjoy his handsome face, and his adorable nose!




***
Doodle of the Day

My parents celebrated their wedding anniversary on October 23. I scribbled up a little card for them, but I didn't share it back in October because I was determined to only share Halloween doodles last month. So, I thought I'd share my parents' anniversary doodle today.


That doodle is a little homage to my parents' favorite evening activity of watching TV. They always watch TV together, but my mom often falls asleep during the shows, which drives my dad slightly insane.



***
Tip of the Day

Today is the final of our Pet Cancer Awareness Month tips. We've discussed a variety of ways to potentially help prevent cancer in your kitties and pups. Now we're here with a reminder we're sure you all know, and that is to be knowledgeable of signs that might indicate cancer, or other diseases, in your furbabies. As you're all certainly aware, the symptoms of cancer and other diseases can vary in more ways than one. That being said, always keep a close eye on your kitty or pup, and use petting sessions to do regular checks for masses, swellings, or other abnormalities of the skin, eyes, mouth, and so forth. Also, of course, be aware of any other changes in their appearance, activity, or behavior. Note any changes in their weight, coat, appetite, energy level, mobility, bathroom habits, and anything and everything in between. Diseases such as cancer can even manifest in ways that you might not expect, such as with non-healing wounds or abnormal bleeding. Cancer and other diseases can indeed lead to a wide variety of signs and symptoms, so regularly observe your kitty or pup and make sure they act and look like their usual self. What's more, if you do notice any changes or concerns, never hesitate to contact your veterinarian.

7 comments:

Timmy Tomcat said...

We always enjoy seeing an Evan Selfie and that doodle fits things to a T

meowmeowmans said...

That anniversary doodle for your parents is so sweet. :)

Evan, we love your selfie, handsome dude!

The Island Cats said...

Evan, what a purrrfect selfie!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

My parents are just the opposite...dad is usually the one asleep! Purrfect selfie.

pilch92 said...

Evan is a cutie. I love the drawing. Happy Belated Anniversary to your folks. Great tips too.

messymimi said...

Evan and his nose and whiskers can pose anywhere and i will enjoy seeing them.

Love the doodle, and the story behind it.

Eastside Cats said...

The Hubby fell asleep last night, as he was watching FOOTBALL!
Ha! I was sitting next to him, listening to my audiobook on earbuds, and playing solitaire on my phone. I watched The Hubby's head slowly sink down, down, down...
Ha!