Saturday, July 16, 2022

Caturday Art: Birthday Gift Grossness?

Yesterday was the birthday of my mom (the furbabies' grandma, also known as Gammy). As always, we're now here to share the weird and wacky doodle I scribbled up as my mom's birthday card. It stars one of my parents' twelve cats, this one being Gilly It also stars some oh so considerate gifts that Gilly may or may not have left in the litter box. I'll be the first to admit that there might indeed be a grossness factor to this one, but I scribbled it up and gave it to my mom regardless.


Wasn't that so sweet of fuzzy Gilly to share those with my mom for her birthday? This probably looks like an absolutely wild thing to throw onto a birthday card, or to draw at all for that matter, but this is sort of just how my family and I work. And we're thinking all of you kitty-loving friends of ours might relate to this doodle in one way or another.

Happy Caturday, friends!




***
Tip of the Day

Many of us have furbabies who enjoy a cozy bed, and who also enjoy making a bed out of their human's clothes. That's why today's pet parenting hack of a tip is to use your old clothes to make a pet bed for your kitty or pup. You can take on old shirt, for example, and stuff it with a pillow or other type of filling. You can sew it shut, or even just safely and securely tie it shut. Not only will the soft filling make this a cozy bed, but it will also smell like you, something that many furbabies enjoy. There are a great many options for creating beds in this manner, using shirts, pants, robes, and so forth. The options are endless, and you can even find ideas and techniques online for creating a variety of such pet beds.

10 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Having posted litterbox 'artwork' in the past, I think this card is hilarious!
Happy Birthday to your mom.

The Island Cats said...

What a special birthday doodle for Gammy!

pilch92 said...

I love your art. The Trout Towne Tabbies would add it to their gallery. :) I hope your mom had a wonderful day. Great tips too. I have asked Kiril's sisters to send me some of his shirts for Elvira and Friday to have.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

So cute! I've always loved those cat poop cakes MOL!

Lone Star Cats said...

I routinely do heart-shaped pees. Momma laffs and says I'm showing my appreciation for a clean box.

meowmeowmans said...

Aww, that is such a fun and cute doodle. Happy belated birthday to your mom!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Awww, love is whatever and wherever you find it, MOL
Purrs
ERin

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great card. So fun!

cat9984 said...

Purr-fect display of kitty love.

messymimi said...

Heeheehee! Children and animals express their love with "gifts" and that's okay.

Wish your mother many happy returns of the day from me.