Friday, July 15, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. Are you ready? We sure are, and we'd love for you to join us in the fun. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. A fun way to celebrate Christmas in July is _________.

2. My favorite summer activity is _________.

3. When I sleep, my dreams are _________.

4. _________ scare(s) me more than _________.


My answers are below in bold, accompanied by a couple unnecessarily long explanations.

1. A fun way to celebrate Christmas in July is crafting up some festive cards to match the season.
(I'm working on a couple of new Christmas in July doodles as we speak, and I've already been sharing some flashback doodles of this sort lately. You'll even find one below in this post. This is one of the main ways I personally celebrate Christmas in July. I love Christmas, and I love feeling festive, but I'm not the biggest fan of summer and therefore have trouble really getting into the spirit when it's sweltering outside. That's why things like scribbling up Christmas in July drawings, or making some festive food, is the primary way I celebrate the occasion.)

2. My favorite summer activity is staying inside.
(On a not-so-hot summer day, I don't mind being out there walking the dog, or even mowing. Sometimes it really is nice to be outside and get some sunshine. However, with the summer we're having around here, with plenty of days ranging from 90°F to 100°F, I'll opt to stay inside every chance I get.)

3. When I sleep, my dreams are often forgotten.
(I'm not sure whether I forget my dreams, or if I just don't often dream at all. Either way, most mornings, I wake up without a single dream to discuss. On the rare occasions throughout the year that I do remember my dreams, they're usually one of these three varieties: 1) They're about my calico angel Rosie, or another past or current kitty or pup. 2) They're one of those weird dreams where your teeth fall out. 3) They revolve around school, such as forgetting to go to a class for an entire semester, forgetting to study for an exam, getting lost while trying to find a classroom, and you get the idea. Keep in mind that I'm 33 years old and haven't been in a school setting for 11 years.)

4. My furbabies and family getting sick scares me more than myself getting sick.
(This one probably speaks for itself, and I know I'm not the only one with this sentiment.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.


***

With Christmas in July upon us, Eddy wanted to share yet another photo with her beloved year round Christmas tree in the background


Eddy wishes you all a festive Friday, if that's your sort of thing!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback Christmas in July doodle stems from just last year. Apparently I felt the need to scribble up some festivities from the Western genre, and so this came about. 




***
Tip of the Day

Today's pet parenting tip relates to the dreaded vacuum cleaner, but at the same time, it doesn't. Especially if you have a furbaby who is fearful of the vacuum, you can do them a favor by using other methods to clean carpets and rugs, when possible. For example, did you know that a squeegee can be used to remove pet hair from carpets and rugs? That being said, there are also actual rug brushes on the market, which can similarly be used to remove hair from carpets and rugs. So, especially if you have a furbaby who is fearful when you vacuum, you can use these alternative, far quieter such methods when possible. Though the vacuum cleaner may not always be avoidable, when it is, such methods as the aforementioned ones can help remove hair from carpets and rugs while causing far less fearful reactions from your kitties or pups.

6 comments:

Mickey's Musings said...

Love the picture of Eddie :)
Good answers to the fill-ins too. We do not like hot weather. So far this Summer has not been hot where we live.
Mum seldom remembers her dreams too ;)
Purrs, Julie

Eastside Cats said...

Adorable image of Eddy!
Instinct is important as we care for our furbabies, but we humans aren't used to relying on our gut feelings.

Yvonne said...

Eddy looks so cute!

I'm with you about staying inside. Even though I said going to the pool, I seem to be staying inside more with all this humidity.

Have a great weekend!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Beautiful photo, Eddy! We're all for staying inside during this icky time of year too.

pilch92 said...

Our answers are almost all the same except I can't draw - I wish I could. :)
Eddy is adorable and I like the festive drawing. Great tips too. I rarely vacuum because it upsets the cats ( that is the perfect excuse). :) XO

messymimi said...

Eddy is always a welcome sight.

Like you, i seldom remember my dreams, and if i do, their weird, so i'm glad i don't remember often.