Saturday, August 6, 2022

Caturday Art: Christmas in...August?

I went through my drawings the other day and finally scanned all of the new ones I have not yet shared. The whole scanner situation is a long story, but the short version is that a number of drawings I've finished over the past few weeks are now finally ready to be shared. That said, amidst the whole scanner debacle, I realized that one of the long lost drawings was my new Christmas in July doodle for this year. So, who's up for a bit of Christmas in August?


I'm pretty sure I've mentioned here before, but except for my pencil, pen, and markers, I use very few tools when drawing. And by that, I mean I don't use a ruler. That's in no small part because I don't feel like fiddling around with perfection in my notebook, and also because I constantly misplace my ruler and I simply can't find it. That's why some drawings, such as this one here, look like they exist in the realm of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Don't slide off that table, Gnome Santa. You might end up covered in lemonade if you do. That, or the house panthers might eat you.

Happy Caturday, friends!


***
Tip of the Day

We're still in the midst of our series of tips all about decorating your home around your furbabies. Today's tip on that topic involves protecting your furniture from kitty claws. After all, cats do indeed have claws. That's simply part of who they are. That being said, that doesn't mean there aren't safe, humane ways of protecting your furniture from those claws.

To begin, of course place cat scratchers throughout your house in order to give your cat appropriate places to use their claws. Cats often like to scratch as a more or less territorial display, so make sure that at least some of their scratchers are somewhere visible and in the open. You can also place a scratcher near any furniture to which your furbaby's claws gravitate. This way, your kitty can have an appropriate scratching location where you can immediately redirect them should they begin to use the furniture instead.

We recently mentioned this next idea in another tip, but we'll say it again. To protect your furniture from cat claws while also giving your cat a proper place to scratch, you can wrap sisal rope around furniture legs, rails of staircases, and other similar locations. Again, this not only protects those home features from cat claws, but also simultaneously gives your cat another appropriate place to use their claws. Another potential form of protection against cat claws for your furniture is a heavy-duty couch or chair cover.

As we said above, cats indeed have claws. Those claws are simply part of who they are. While those claws can sometimes find their way to furniture, there are proper ways to combat this. Simply research types of scratchers for your kitty to use, create your own scratchers using sisal rope, or find another way to protect the furniture while also treating your kitty and their claws in a humane way. When your kitty scratches furniture, calmly redirect them to a proper cat scratcher, so that they can learn where they should and should not sharpen those claws of theirs. Of course, also don't forget to regularly trim your kitty's nails.

7 comments:

Erin the Cat Princess said...

We love your artwork, and if a line is slightly off true, not that we see that, then it adds to the utter charm of it all!
Purrs
ERin

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Your drawing are always amazing to us. TBT can't draw a straight line without a ruler.

pilch92 said...

I love your art. And I love all your drawings. I would never guess those few tools are all you use. Excellent tips too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I'm ready for Christmas anytime, and I love it!

meowmeowmans said...

I think your art is better BECAUSE you don't use a ruler and such! Yay for Christmas in August!

messymimi said...

Christmas, the Christmas spirit anyway, is something we should keep all year long, so don't stop celebrating that love and sense of giving and joy ever.

Cathy Keisha said...

Those lines look straight to us. Nice art!