Thursday, August 25, 2022

Thankful Thimble Thursday: Vet Adventures

We unfortunately don't have a poem today for Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge. I technically started our poem, but I only got a couple lines into it before chaos ensued earlier this week, and then I never got back to it. Since I'm writing this post way late, though, I already looked at next week's prompt, and I already have a doodle and idea ready for it. So, I'm excited to get back to our rhyming next week.

Now, how about Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop?


This here human is going to express gratitude that Thimble and Tonks both did great at their annual exam at the vet yesterday. Thimble is just generally a very sweet and docile kitty, so she's always easy to take, and they always love her at the vet. Her main issue is nervousness when leaving the house, especially while in the car, which often causes her to pant and hypersalivate. Other than that, though, she's an absolute angel to take to the vet. Tonks did great as well, though she sure does like to offer the occasional pathetic, quiet hiss to the vet. She never does anything else, though, except freeze and occasionally piddle herself. All that to say, though we're still awaiting Thimble's senior bloodwork results, she and Tonks so far have each gotten an A+ from the vet. I am beyond thankful for that. So are the two kitties in question, though they also wouldn't have minded skipping their appointment altogether.

Upon returning home, Thimble made sure everything still belonged to her by rubbing her face on anything and everything she walked by. Here's an adorable demonstration.


As for Tonks, she tends to get a little extra goofy yet cuddly after vet visits, and sometimes gives me adorable faces like this:


We'll let you know if anything shows up on Thimble's bloodwork, but we're purring that it's all normal. Both of these girls are doing great, as are all the furbabies at our home, so we're beyond grateful for that.



***

And now we of course have for you the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. My wonderful co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I collect _________.

2. I recently treated myself to _________.

3. I used to _________ back when _________.

4. Though I have never _________, I have _________.




We'll see you tomorrow, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

We have yet another flashback doodle inspired by Poe and his kitty Catterina. This one is rather vague and relates to one of my favorite poems by Poe, that being "Annabel Lee".


***
Tip of the Day

We have just a couple more tips in our series on taking your felines to the vet. Today's tip is a simple one, and that is to check the status of your furbaby's medications before taking your kitty to the vet. Not all cats are on medications, of course, but if yours is, then check to see how much of the medications you have left, and also check expiration dates. In addition, consider if you have any newly developed questions regarding any of the meds prior to taking your cat to the vet. This way, when you're at the vet, you can take care of refills, dosage adjustments, and any other related necessities. Also don't forget about prescription diets, monthly preventatives, and any other products you purchase from your vet clinic. Knowing what and how much you need to purchase from the vet before you arrive can save you and your cat on time while at the vet's office, and can also save you a later trip to the vet.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

We are purring that all tests come back negative or no problems!
Tonks, I've thought I'd piddled myself at the doctor's too!
Hahaha!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Glad everyone is back home safe and sound!

messymimi said...

It's wonderful that they are healthy and all is well.

pilch92 said...

Glad the vet visit went well. I hope Thimble's senior panel comes back fine. Cute photo and drawing. And excellent tips.

The Island Cats said...

Glad to hear Thimble and Tonks both did well at the vet.