Friday, August 12, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. Are you? We'd love for you to join us! My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I'd like to peek into _________'s closet.

2. I secretly enjoy _________.

3. There's no use crying over _________.

4. If I don't _________, I _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I'd like to peek into another cat lady's closet.
(I'm thinking I'm not the only one whose t-shirt collection is mostly related to cats. Right?)

2. I secretly enjoy when plans are cancelled.
(I rarely have actual plans with others, but when I do, I really don't mind when they're cancelled. Anything that lets me stay home with my furbabies makes me a happy camper. This probably makes me sound incredibly antisocial. And that's probably the truth.)

3. There's no use crying over material possessions.
(I do completely understand that there are certain material items that can have a lot of sentimental value. That said, material items can't offer comfort or support in true times of need. What's more, these material items won't mean a thing when we're taking our last breath. So, I for one try not to let myself even consider shedding a tear over materialistic things. There are far more important things in life.)

4. If I don't eat when I'm hungry, I get cranky.
(Sometimes I even just get downright hangry.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

For your Eddy fix today, you yet again get to see this girl enjoying some window time. And the window is even open (for a moment and with supervision, that is). Our temperatures have not only been dipping below 90°F this week, but they're even sometimes dipping below 80°F. That calls for some window whiffies, if you ask us.


Eddy hopes you're all also enjoying some cooler weather and window whiffies!

Have a fantastic Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Since it's summer and yet we're in the process of sharing both new and flashback doodles of a sort of spooky nature, this one from a couple years seemed apt enough.




***
Tip of the Day

Since I seem to live at the vet these days, what with Evan's regular sanitary shaves as well as plenty of other kitties in the house due for their annual exams in the summer, I figured we'd yet again repeat a series of tips on how to get that kitty of yours to the vet. In addition, National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day is coming up this month, so why not. We'll start this series with the simple tip to socialize and get your kitty used to interaction at an early age, if possible. Getting your cat used to people is ideal for helping them cope with future outings to the vet. This of course may not always be possible, depending on a particular cat's age and personality at the time of adoption or rescue. However, when possible and safe, start socializing your cat around people, even simply visitors to your home, when they are young.

What's more, try to get your cat used to hands-on checks. If it's safe for both you and your cat, you can get in the habit of looking in your cat's ears, having a look at their mouth and teeth, and so forth. This of course can help them get used to all that goes on when they're at the vet's office, while at the same time also helping you check for abnormalities that might need to be addressed. All in all, starting early with socializing and hands-on interaction, when it's a safe option, can possibly help your kitty feel more comfortable about getting examined during their trips to the vet.

7 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

I'll eat anytime, especially when feeling stressed!
However, I can always make room for watermelon...yummy.
Eddy, are you ekekekekekeking at the birdies?

Meezan said...

Love your fill-ins and doodle! I can relate to being secretly happy when plans are cancelled. I feel the same way. I can't wait for the day when I can open the balcony door to let the fresh air in. Right now my kittens are in a very active stage and one likes to climb the screen when the glass door is open!! Yikes!! I didn't know there is a National Take Your Cat to the Vet Day. Lol. Mine are due for follow-up shots five days after that. Enjoy your feline Friday and weekend! :-)

Yvonne said...

You're not the only one with a cat T-shirt collection. I do love my kitty shirts. I feel the same way about #2. I like planning things but when it actually comes down to the time, I'd rather be home.

Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed your answers. I do have a lot of cat shirts. :) And I love things being canceled too. Eddy is a cutie and I love the drawing. Great tips too. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love your answers to 1 and 2...wish I'd thought of them! I admit I'm kind of a material possession kinda girl. I know there are more important things in life, but I do enjoy my collections.

Cathy Keisha said...

Ha ha! Sounds like you were hungry when you answered #3. Nothing cat except a few pairs of PJs in TW's closet. She has too many t shirts so she puts them in an under the bed box.

messymimi said...

Eddy is always beautiful from every angle.

You are right about material things. There are a few sentimental items from grandparents i would hate to lose, even so.