Friday, August 5, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins with a Rhyme on the Side

Perhaps I had indeed successfully scheduled yesterday's post, despite me assuming I had simply forgotten to schedule it. After all, I am almost positive I had today's post scheduled as needed, and yet it didn't post. I don't know if Blogger is just glitching out sometimes, or if I'm just losing my mind. Either way, I again apologize for this late post. I'm going to look at all our future planned posts and see if I can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong, even though the process of scheduling a post is really quite simple. All that said, here today's post...finally!

It's Friday, which of course means it's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge. Are you ready? We'd love for you to join us! My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. The highlight of my summer so far has been _________.

2. August is a good time to _________.

3. _________ often gets me into trouble.

4. _________ every time I _________.


My answers are below in bold. They're all about the furbabies this week.

1. The highlight of my summer so far has been finding pain management that works for pup Astrid's hip.
(I'm not a big fan of summer, its heat, its humidity, or any of that jazz. But, I am a fan of the fact that Astrid's painful hip no longer seems to bother her at all after the vet prescribed carprofen for it. Astrid will need to have bloodwork done every 6 months or so to make sure her liver and such are okay with the pain meds, but for now, everything is going great for her. She used to get up and limp or act stiff after sleeping, but she hasn't done that even once since starting on her new pain meds, which makes both her and myself very happy.)

2. August is a good time to practically live at the vet, apparently.
(None of my furbabies and really sick or anything like that. It's simply that they all seem to be due for their annual exams and such around this time. Thimble and Tonks are the next ones going, their appointment being August 24. Also, Evan still goes to the vet's grooming services every 2 weeks for his sanitary shaves because of his urinary incontinence. He had one such appointment yesterday, and another one in 2 weeks. I guess that actually means he's the next one going to the vet, as his next grooming visit is before Thimble and Tonks go for their exams. But I digress. I also made a trip there this week for Evan's medicated shampoo and more of pup Astrid's aforementioned pain meds. I feel like I live at the vet these days, but they work amazing wonders for my furbabies, so I won't complain.)

3. Moving my toes under the bedsheets often gets me into trouble.
(Eddy is a toe chaser at nighttime. Teeth and claws are often involved. Pray for my toes.)

4. Evan demands treats every time I enter the kitchen.
(I'm not even talking about actual cat treats. Evan enjoys tastes of things like chicken, tuna, butter, and even coconut oil. Actually, coconut oil is his favorite. He knows it's in the kitchen, so when I head that way, he chases me, quite literally making demands. My furry children are really bossy, probably because they've learned being bossy usually works, because I very often obey.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Since we didn't share our poem for Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge yesterday, we'll go ahead and share it now.


This week's already late poem actually covers both last week's photo prompt and this week's photo prompt. Those two prompts are the images below.



Admittedly, I again took some major liberties in referencing those photo prompts. You might not even be able to notice how I incorporated them without me telling you. So, for the first photo, it relates to a certain kitty in a litter box in my poem. For the second photo, it's very briefly referenced by a cat bed sort of roller coaster ride. As if that's all not confusing enough, here's the weird little poem:


The Cat Bed

Mary Sue bought her cats a brand new bed.
She proudly gazed upon it with a wide smile on her head.
When she offered the new throne to the two felines,
It was to the box in which it arrived that one of them made a beeline.
Mary Sue's other cat continued to sleep in its favorite spot.
That being, well, none other than the litter box.

In desperation, Mary Sue sat the cat bed on the floor.
"Here, kitty kitty kitties. Come get the new bed," she implored.
She was, in fact, ignored.
The cats remained in their boxes and snored.

There was one consolation for Mary Sue,
Because there was one way the new cat bed was used.
If she carried it and dashed around with the cats inside,
They'd stay put as if partaking in a roller coaster ride.
And then, after that, to those darn boxes they returned for some shut-eye.




***

Are you ready for your weekly Eddy fix? Yes? Good, because we have for you the adorable girl and her adorable snaggletooth.


Eddy and all of us here wish you a fantastic Friday!



***
Tip of the Day

Our kitties rule the household. That often means they more or less have free roam of the place. Sometimes, though, that might become a bit difficult for them, for a variety of potential reasons. If your cat, or dog, is allowed on furniture, make sure that they can easily and safely access it. This is something to especially take into consideration for cats or dogs with mobility issues. Geriatric, arthritic, injured, and any other specially abled furbabies may require some form of help getting onto couches, chairs, beds, tables, shelves, and other pieces of furniture on which they are allowed. Sometimes all you have to do is put low stools or boxes next to the furniture, as long as said stools or boxes are safe and sturdy. There are also pet stairs and pet ramps available on the market, which can be placed beside beds, couches, and other relevant furniture. So, if your furbaby is allowed on furniture, keep in mind what might affect their ability to get onto said furniture. Age, injuries, and other such factors can make it difficult for your cat, or dog, to reach elevated locations. Take all such factors into consideration, and help your furbaby adjust as best and as safely as possible.

8 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Terrific story poem!
The times that I've carried a cat around in a box or beddy, like I was their Uber driver...well, I can't count that high.
Eddy is too cute.

Yvonne said...

My Kitty Cookie is a toe chaser, too. Her teeth and claws are involved too. I try not to move or cover my feet but she's smarter than I am :) Eddy is really a cutie.

Have a great weekend!

Sandee said...

Love the poem. Adorable.

Love your fill-ins and yikes on the vet visits. I'm glad it's routine and not sickness.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins. I enjoy participating each week.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers to the fill-ins. I am glad you have found a way to keep Astrid pain free. That is funny about your toes. :) Nice shot of Eddy and excellent tips. Have a good weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Truffles loved coconut oil too! If only it wasn't so messy. Love that poem and doodle!

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

Your poem and toes made me smile big and that drawing was so cute too, looks like sometimes all you need is a litter, or a box right😸 I'm glad Astrid is doing fine on the meds, makes me happy too. I also want to thank you for bringing comfort on the passing of my sweet Little Binky. I appreciate it very much🌸 Pawkisses from Heaven to all of you🐾😽✨

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Fabulous fill-ins and the P.A. can seriously identify with #3 & #4, Fudge is a bed mice murderer, and he can never get enough treats! MOL

messymimi said...

Your poem was certainly true to life!

May your toes survive unscathed tonight.