Saturday, March 4, 2023

Caturday Art in the Dark

Hello, friends! Thanks to some gnarly wind, we've been out of power at our house since noon yesterday. They think it'll be back up by 10 o'clock tonight. Maybe. We're a bit chilly in the house, and yet the contents of the freezer and fridge might not survive this, but we're all managing well enough. There are lots of kitty cuddles happening, and lots of burrowing under blankets, that's for sure, but I don't mind that one bit.

All that to say, I didn't have my laptop charged, though luckily I did have my phone as well as my charging brick good and charged. After I got home from work yesterday, I got out flashlights and lots of our battery-operated candles to light the house a bit. I did a bit of doodling in the dim light, and while doing so realized that I've never really shared with you all any of my in-progress drawings. So, since I can't use my computer or scanner right now, this morning I took a photo on my phone of one of the pencil outlines I scribbled up in the dark, alongside some of the rather unorthodox light sources I was using last night. Oh, and you can probably spot some of the weird and wacky decor on my desk as well.


You'll be seeing the final product of that doodle, and others, this upcoming week. I'll be making use of today's daylight and the lack of technology to get said drawings done, of course while cuddled up to some kitties.

Warm wishes to all!

P.S. My apologies for any issues in formatting. I have no idea if posting this on my phone will translate well, as I rarely ever blog this way, but we're giving it a shot.

9 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

We can't wait to see the finished artwork, we adore your epic kitty creations!

Eastside Cats said...

Hope your power is already restored; being without is such a bummer.

pilch92 said...

Sorry your power has been out for so long. That is frustrating. I hope it is not too cold. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love seeing your work in progress! Sure hope your power comes back soon. That stinks!

meowmeowmans said...

Darn. Sorry to hear about you losing power. Stay warm and safe, sweet pals.

The Island Cats said...

Sure hope your power comes back soon. At least you can doodle while you wait.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We sure hope everything is back to normal or will be soon!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Hope your power comes back soon!

messymimi said...

It can be awful when the power goes out, i hope yours has come back on by now.

If it's freezing outside, we take the contents of the fridge and freezer and put them in ice chests or bags on the shady porch, they stay colder out there than they would inside.

I like your in progress doodle, you did a great job posting on the phone, brava!