Monday, March 27, 2023

Mancat Monday with Exhibitionist Evan

Hello and happy Monday, friends! Given that it is of course Mancat Monday, we have for you handsome Evan. Today, he's being a tad bit of an exhibitionist in the sunny front door.

For anyone who'd like a little update on Evan following the news of his most recent UTI, he's doing well overall. His urine was sent out for a culture, which turned out to be a good thing, since the bacteria he's fighting was found to be resistant to the antibiotic injection he received. So, now he's getting different oral antibiotics twice a day. He lets me shoot that nasty stuff in his mouth like a champ, but he sure hates the taste. Thankfully, I believe I'm already seeing improvement, as Evan is no longer urinating with the same insane frequency or volume as he was even just last week. He'll be getting the antibiotics until his recheck urinalysis on April 10.

Though we're sort of nearing the end of the post, I'll now apologize for yet again being absent this weekend. Ever the rambler, I have a bit of an explanation. In between typical household chores and a bit of a migraine flareup this weekend, I worked on some of my creative endeavors. One of those involved my writing projects that I'm trying very hard to prioritize more in my life. Another one of the creative tasks I was working on this weekend was of course my drawings, specifically for the annual April A to Z Challenge. Last year I failed to complete the A to Z Challenge, and I refuse to do the same this year.

One of the reasons I've been sharing mostly flashback doodles and not many new doodles lately is because even some of the new doodles I've had completed for a couple of weeks can actually be used for my A to Z Challenge. The theme I'll be going with this year is something along the lines of "these are a few of my favorite things", and since I tend to draw things I like, I realized recently that some of the drawings I've been working on can easily fit into our April A to Z lineup. So, they're being held for that.

All that rambling aside, we're wishing you all a magnificent Monday!



***

Flashback Doodle of the Day

Since we mentioned the upcoming April A to Z Challenge above, how about for the next couple of days we share some A to Z doodles from previous years? For today, let's go back to 2019. That year's series starred my calico angel Rosie and was all about daily routine, starting with waking up to that dreaded alarm clock for the letter A.





***
Tip of the Day

In these last couple days of National Pet Poison Awareness Month, we're going to summarize some tips on how to help keep your furbaby safe from potential poisons. First, as obvious as it is, we're here today to remind you to use doors or other obstacles to properly block your kitty or pup's access to potentially dangerous products or areas of the house. For example, if your bathroom, laundry room, or utility closet contain dangerous chemicals, such as detergents, then keep their doors securely closed to bar your furbaby's entrance. Similarly, keep the door to your garage shut, in order to keep your furbaby away from gasoline, antifreeze, and other dangers that might be found in the garage. If you have a shed and your furbaby goes outdoors, keep the shed's door securely closed, especially if it houses fertilizers, pesticides, or other potentially toxic products. And don't forget to consider your garden, where toxic plants might grow, or where dangerous chemicals might be used. In such cases, monitor your furbaby while outdoors, and block your kitty or pup's access to the garden, such as with a secure fence. In short, consider all areas of the house and yard where poisoning or danger might arise, and ensure proper safety against said dangers.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Continued purrs for Evan.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

What a little doll you are, Evan! So glad you're feeling better.

pilch92 said...

I am glad Evan is improving. He is such a handsome boy. Nice drawing and great tips too.

messymimi said...

I'm glad Evan is now on the right meds.

All of your doodles are fun, no need to apologize for using them again. You don't look at an artwork only once and then never again, if it's good you go back to it!

Gidget Blue Sky said...

happy to hear that you are feeling better