Friday, March 17, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins...and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. If one doesn't _________ then one doesn't deserve _________.

2. What happens at _________ stays at _________.

3. One day I will _________, but for now _________.

4. If you ask me _________, I _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. If one doesn't treat animals well, then one doesn't deserve to share his or her life with them.
(I think this one sort of speaks for itself.)

2. What happens at work stays at work.
(While I'm certainly not perfect at this, I very much so try to separate my work life and my home life. Having a full-time job can often be a stressful thing, which I'm sure many of you out there know. That's why I try to leave work behind me when I go home, in hopes of ridding myself as well as my kitties and pup of any unnecessary stress at home.)

3. One day I will see my creative endeavors to fruition, but for now I'll keep plugging away at them.
(I've always had a lot of personal goals related to my art and writing. While I haven't fully achieved those goals yet, I won't give up on them.)

4. If you ask me about my cats, I will talk your ear off.
(I'm not a very social or talkative person. That is, unless you ask me about my cats, or my dog.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***
Your Eddy fix today is more than a tad bit bright and shiny.


That may look like sunshine, but Eddy says that's actually just her stunningness blinding you in this shot. And I won't argue with her on that.



***

And we didn't forget one other thing about today...



Wishing you all lots of luck today, and every day!



***
Tip of the Day

We haven't reached the end of National Pet Poison Awareness Month yet, so we'll keep these tips coming. Today's tip on potentially poisonous household items relates to batteries. If a dog or even a cat bites a battery or ingests it, the acidic or alkaline components could leak out and enter their gastrointestinal system. This material is corrosive in nature, and can therefore cause serious side effects, including oral ulcers, vomiting, other various signs of gastrointestinal distress, and even fever. Due to the corrosive nature of battery components, vomiting should not be induced in the case of ingestion, as this will cause further damage. Immediate care can include rinsing out your pup or kitty's mouth with lukewarm water to remove as much of the battery material as possible. Of course, quickly follow that up with immediate veterinary care. To prevent such emergencies, keep all batteries tucked safely away where curious furbabies cannot get to them. As always, it's better to be safe than sorry.

8 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Happy St Patrick's Day, and great fill-ins, the P.A. hopes for the same on #3; years of endless creative toil, one day hopefully it will be all that you both desire!

Yvonne said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Great fill ins. We had similar answers for #1. Hope you have a great weekend!

Meezan said...

My answer for number one is similar to yours. I like all of your fill-ins and what a wonderful kitty pic! :)

messymimi said...

Cat people love to talk about cats, and that includes me, too.

Eddy, you shine!

Eastside Cats said...

Edie, you are adorable!
As I work remotely, the line between home and work is tenuous, but I think we've got a good handle on keeping them separate.

pilch92 said...

Great answers, especially #1 and I had almost the same for #4. :) Eddy is a beauty. That is a great shot of her. I love the drawing and your tips are great. Happy St. Patrick's Day! XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Your stunningness is definitely blinding!!! Happy St Catty's Day, cutie!

meowmeowmans said...

Hiya Eddy! That sure is a great photo of you.

And Mom L., those are some awesome answers -- we especially agree with #4!