Friday, June 9, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and an Eddy Fang

Welcome to the Friday edition, friends! We're getting right to the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I would _________ for _________.

2. The last _________ I attended was _________.

3. I can't relax until _________.

4. I knew I needed _________ when _________.


My answers are below in bold. This week, I decided to make mine all about the furbabies. I also apparently decided to ramble far too much on a couple of them, but what's new.

1. I would do anything for my kitties and pup.
(This one seems pretty self-explanatory, so I'll spare you all my usual rambling explanation.)

2. The last companion animal behavior course I attended was a letdown.
(I was just talking to my sister about this, which is why it was fresh on my mind. It's been over a decade since I attended college, where I got my degree in animal sciences. I remember all the way from freshman year being excited about taking a particular advanced, senior level course in companion animal behavior. After all, that's one of my favorite topics, and gaining advanced knowledge in it was very enticing to me. Then I finally made it to senior year and enrolled in the course, and when I got there it was just a TA teaching incredibly simplistic concepts that were already taught in 101 courses, or in kindergarten. I'm talking stuff like, "If a cat hisses, it's probably mad." It was so bizarre, and it was such a letdown after 4 years of being excited to finally level up to that course.)

3. I can't relax until I've checked on all of my furbabies.
(Before I can truly start my day, end my day, leave the house, sit down to watch TV, or any number of other options, I have to make sure all kitties and the pup are accounted for. I have to do my own little roll call, because I'm admittedly a worrywart and will otherwise convince myself of the worst case scenario if it's been too long since I've seen an innocently snoozing cat.)

4. I knew I needed to start playing fetch with Tonks when she brought me one of her mini soccer balls.
(After some time of losing interest in playing fetch, my calico kitty Tonks picked the habit back up again, and I love it. She'll go find one of her little foam soccer balls, pick it up in her mouth, drop it in front of me, and then look at me with anticipation. The first time she did this, the only thing I could think to do was toss the ball she'd dropped at my feet, and that was the beginning of her fetching obsession. There are rules for throwing it just the way she likes, but if you know those rules, Tonks will play fetch with you for often an hour or longer. It's adorable, and a tad bit exhausting.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Who's ready for an Eddy fix? Oh, you all are? Well, good, because the little lady herself is ready to show off that adorable face of hers.


Obviously, as always, Eddy wanted to make sure you all got a good view of her adorable snaggletooth fang. For anyone who might not know or remember, Eddy came to me as a 10-week-old kitten with neurological issues, including a head tilt and right-sided facial nerve paralysis. Though she's long since healed from the most severe of those issues, she maintained her benign head tilt as well as the facial nerve paralysis, which is why she's always able to show off those little teeth of hers so well.

Eddy and all of us here wish you a happy Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Don’t forget to regularly clean those food and water bowls! We sometimes might forget about the furbabies’ bowls, such as if they sit out of sight on the floor or in another room. But, do include these in your regular cleaning of dishes. Whether the bowls are metal, ceramic, glass, or plastic, grease or other debris from food, as well as dog or cat saliva, can indeed build up and lead to less than sanitary dining. So, do be sure to clean those bowls.

7 comments:

Zoolatry said...

How totally awesome that Tonks plays "toss and fetch" with you ... that interaction is heartwarming.
And YES, on your tip of the day. We pick up June's bowls after every meal (and her water bowl is done daily) ... it is always a surprise to me that they will be saliva-covered and slippery. So it is a must to wash them well ... helps keep your kitties healthy!

Eastside Cats said...

It's a running joke between The Hubby and I; we count noses periodically during the day, and always before we leave the house or go to bed.
Often, Manny or CB is missing, just plain unfindable!
When this happens, The Hubby always says, "What, you've lost another cat?"
Hardy har har, smartypants.
And then the missing cat just appears; we never see where he came from.
Cloaking device.

Yvonne said...

Eddy is so cute. We had the same answers for #1 and 3. Hope you have a great weekend!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins again, and Melvyn goes through stages of playing fetch too, though he's in his off-season at the moment! MOL

Eddy that is a truly snaggle fangtastic photo today! ❤

Happy Friday and we hope your weekend is truly epic!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I am sorry about that class. That must have been very annoying. I am sure you could have taught one with more depth. Eddy is a cutie and getting good at posing. Nice drawing and excellent tips too.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Eddy, you are a doll! And I love your answers to 3 and 4. So cute!

messymimi said...

My Sweetie also likes to do head counts to make sure everyone is present and accounted.

Eddy is precious.

Thanks for hosting the fill-ins!