Friday, June 2, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and welcome, one and all! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I am looking forward to _________ this month.

2. I am in need of _________.

3. _________ is my go-to _________.

4. When the weather is _________, I _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I am looking forward to drawing and writing this month.
(I spent a good chunk of my free time in May working on some overdue chores both in the house and in the yard. While that sort of adulting never ends, I did get enough of it done in May that I plan on spending far more of my free time in June drawing and writing. I have missed spending more time on my creative passions, so I am looking forward to prioritizing them again.)

2. I am in need of a staycation.
(I feel like this is something most of us adults need. Sometimes working every day, especially outside of the home at a job that just might not be your favorite, can lead to a tad bit of burnout. And as a homebody who really just wants to be home with her kitties and pup, I will always crave a staycation over a vacation. I hope to take a bit of time off of work sometime this summer for even just a short little staycation.)

3. Spending time with my furbabies is my go-to form of stress relief.
(I love my my kitties and pup. That pretty much sums this one up.)

4. When the weather is hot, I stay inside with the air conditioning.
(I'm not a summer kind of person. I'm just not into extreme heat and humidity. I know a lot of people can't wait for summer, but I'm the kind of person who can't wait for autumn. Cool, crisp weather is way more my speed.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Friday Eddy fix? Well, you're in for a treat. Today you get to see Eddy's adorable face, and the window nose art that it created.


And Eddy thought some of you might like to see her cute little snaggletooth a little better, so here you go.


Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's flashback doodle is kind of sequel to yesterday's flashback doodle, this time with the kitty looking a little less happy about how their tushy might look in those jeans.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's food tip is all about those carbs. When we think of carbohydrates, things like pasta and bread may come to mind. But, carbohydrates in other forms are also an important aspect in pet food. In a dog or cat's food, carbohydrates often come from plants or grains, such as corn, rice, oats, or wheat. Just as in humans, carbohydrates can serve as a source of energy and fuel for our furbaby's body. That being said, carbohydrates are one aspect of pet food that may hold different levels of importance for cats and dogs.

Dogs are omnivores. This means that, even in the wild, they get their nutrition from both animal and plant sources. For this reason, carbohydrates in the form of plants and grains are of course important in commercial dog food, just as meat products are. 

On the other hand, cats are strict carnivores, and in the wild they gain much of their nutrition and energy from the protein and fat of their prey. This is why plants and grains in commercial cat food is sometimes debated. Some studies indicate that cats in the wild do consume a small percentage of plant and grain carbohydrates, these being from whatever vegetation their prey may have eaten. Regardless, most commercial cat foods do contain carbohydrates from plants and grains, some in far higher percentage than others. This is where reading labels and comparing protein versus carbohydrate levels can be important for cat owners to do.

Not only is it important to consider a cat's strict carnivore ancestry, but it's also important to realize that for cats as well as dogs, a diet with a higher carbohydrate content can potentially lead to digestive concerns, such as diarrhea or flatulence. In addition, just as can be the case with fats and even protein, an excess of carbohydrates in the diet can potentially lead to weight gain. This is all just one more reason why it is so important to research, understand, and discuss with your veterinarian the best diet for your kitty or pup.

12 comments:

Loulou said...

OH, we are in love with Eddy and her TOOTH...how absolutely adorable!!!!

The Island Cats said...

Eddy, you and your tooth are the cutest! Keep making that nose art on the window.

Yvonne said...

Eddy and the tooth is so cute.

Great fill ins. I'm with you on #3 and 4.

Have a great weekend!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Eddy, we adore that one fanged smile, mew are just so epic! Supurr fill ins today, finding time for creative endeavours is always a challenge here too! MOL Happy Friyay to mew all and thanks for hosting!

Eastside Cats said...

Jeans don't always fit after you haven't worn them in awhile...

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers and I hope you get time to work on the things you want to this month. I like the drawing and your tips are great. And Eddy is such a cutie-no photo fails this week, these are perfect shots. XO

messymimi said...

Good answers, i could use a staycation, also.

Thank you for posing so nicely, Eddy!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Eddy, we always love to see you! Our Max is a summer / hot weather cat. He likes to spend the hottest part of the day and most of the night in the garage!He does not care if the temps are over 90!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photos! And I couldn't agree more with your 2,3, and 4!

meowmeowmans said...

Hiya Eddy! We love seeing you and your fang today. :)

Great fill-ins ... especially #3!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great photos. Mum agrees with #3 and #4!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Love yer snaggletooth Eddy!

Loved yer Moms fill-ins. TBT especially liked 3&4. We are his best stress relief and he is dedicated to air-conditioning. In Summer, he does an hour outside and then 30 minutes inside cooling... And he can't sleep at night when it is above 68.