Friday, June 30, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. When I _________, it means that I am sick.

2. I _________ fireworks.

3. I have a newfound appreciation for _________.

4. I think everyone should _________ so that _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. When I lose my appetite, it means that I am sick.
(I'm generally a very hungry person, so if I don't have an appetite for an extended period of time, it probably means I'm under the weather.)

2. I generally dislike fireworks.
(When I was a kid I loved fireworks and watching them on Independence Day. When I got older and realized the fear and dangers that wildlife, strays, ferals, and even indoor animals can experience as a result of fireworks, I became way less a fan of them. I don't terribly mind firework shows that are put on by professionals in a safe, secured location. In my area, though, a bunch of novices like setting them off in their back yards and that sort of thing, and I can't stand that. It's not only unnerving to think of what a hazard that is in general, but I hate thinking of all the poor animals it terrifies.)

3. I have a newfound appreciation for Miralax.
(Those who didn't see our post on Monday are probably extra confused and concerned about this answer. To give a very brief explanation, my orange tabby boy Evan has been struggling with significant bouts of constipation. So, after a discussion with the vet, I started him on Miralax. Just a few days in and, at least so far, it's working wonders for Evan. He went from regularly struggling to pass large and rock solid stool every three or four days, to passing normal stool almost every single day. Thank you, Miralax.)

4. I think everyone should treat animals kindly so that the world can be a better place.
(This one's a no-brainer, especially for those of us who love and advocate for animals. What's more, animals simply deserve to live in a world where humans aren't cruel to them. And, if all humans could learn to treat animals as well as fellow humans with kindness, current and future generations could truly change the world for the better.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


You better believe our resident blooper queen Eddy has some outtakes to share. Today, the bloopers are brought to you by Eddy's chronic inability, or unwillingness, to properly pose for the camera. In this particular case, the bloopers all star Eddy's, well, back end.




Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Is your kitty one of those who likes to play with the toilet paper roll? You know, the kind of kitty who unravels the entire roll, and maybe shreds it a bit, or trails it all throughout the house? If your kitty is any semblance of a toilet paper fiend, we have a plain and simple pet parenting hack for you today. Perhaps the easiest way to combat a furry toilet paper fiend is to turn the roll upside down. I know that to some people this is something like a felony, but turning the roll so that it unravels under rather than over will help ensure that a cat cannot simply walk up, dig at it, and unroll the entire thing with little to no effort. Another option is to try tucking the end of the toilet paper into the roll itself. This way, if your furbaby tries to dig at the toilet paper, it won't immediately start unraveling. Of course, not every cat is intrigued by the concept of toilet paper. If your kitty is, however, then it might be worth it to try tips such as these to prevent torn and strewn toilet paper in your home.

7 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins today, and that is brilliant news for Evan, we are thrilled for him! And ditto on #2, fireworks suck! Loving Eddy's bloopers today, she would get along famously with Parsley, he has an uncanny ability to avoid the camera at all times! Happy Friyay to mew all!

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. I'm not thrilled with fireworks. Love your answer for #4. The Eddy pics are great. Enjoy the weekend!

pilch92 said...

Great answers, especially #4. Mirilax is good stuff. Many of my cats have needed it over the years. Cute drawing and great tips. I save all the tp rolls for Zoe to craft with. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers and bloopers! I enjoyed fireworks as a kid too, now I just don't see the big deal.

Eastside Cats said...

So warlike, those fireworks.
How about drone shows instead?

messymimi said...

I'm glad Evan is getting relief with the Miralax, and i agree about the fireworks. Professional only.

Eddy, you are a beautiful blooper queen.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Agree with 2 and 4!

Great bloopers too.