Friday, July 21, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and a Santa Search

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ taught me that _________.

2. I wish I could remember _________.

3. I could be convinced _________ only if _________.

4. I had to delay _________ because _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Evan taught me that specially abled animals are amazing companions that I always want in my life.
(I've said this before, but one of my biggest heroes is my hind limb paralyzed orange tabby boy Evan, who also has a plethora of other special traits, especially as he ages. He doesn't care one bit that he's a bit different, though, and it certainly doesn't stop him from doing what he wants and getting what he wants. He is amazing. Life with Evan has also made me realize that I will always want specially abled animals in my life, and I can see myself adopting such companions down the line.)

2. I wish I could remember more of my angels Rosie and Sammy's kittenhood.
(I have a lot of memories from Rosie and Sammy's kittenhood, but I was only 4 years old when my parents adopted them for my sister and myself. I remember playing with them and other wonderful memories, but they're the only cats from my life whose full kittenhood has gaps in my memory, since I was only 4 years old. I only got to share my life with Sammy until I was 9, but I will always treasure the memories I have with him. Rosie was a huge part of my life until I was 26 years old, so my memories with her are many and throughout my childhood to adulthood.)

3. I could be convinced to go on an extended vacation only if I could bring all my furbabies with me.
(I've mentioned here many times how I'm a homebody. I really do just like being home and don't enjoy the whole travel thing. In addition, I just really don't like leaving my kitties or pup, especially not with Evan's medical issues and medication requirements. If there was some easy, stress-free way I could get all my kitties and pup safely and securely packed up with me, I would potentially consider a week-long vacation or so. But, given that my furbabies would hate that, save for perhaps pup Astrid, and given that it just sounds downright stressful, I'll opt out.)

4. I had to delay a couple of drawings I really want to work on because one of my markers ran out of ink.
(I have a lot of art markers, but there are about a dozen or so colors of my favorite brand of marker that I use far more than others. I'm usually really good about staying stocked up on those particular colors, but apparently one of them fell through the cracks. It's one of my green colors that I use for large areas like grass and other greenery, so now I'm waiting on its replacement to arrive so I can finish the aforementioned doodles.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Yet again, this tabby girl was a tad bit busy looking out the window on of our cooler days. She's quite distracted, because she keeps hearing about Christmas in July, but she hasn't seen any signs of Santa Paws flying through the sky in his sleigh.


Eddy is curious if any of her kitty friends out there keep hearing about this Christmas in July? And how is your Santa search going?

Happy Friday!



***
Flashback Christmas in July Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday's tip mentioned using your old clothes to make a bed for your furbaby. Today's tip is another random way you could perhaps use your old clothes for your furbaby. Don't expect any rocket science, because we're simply talking about using your old clothes to make your furbaby some, well, clothes. Of course, this will only apply to furbabies who tolerate or enjoy wearing clothes, or those who might need them due to issues such as impaired thermoregulation. So, a simple and cheap way to put your furbaby in clothes is to select one of your old shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, or other similar item that will fit your furbaby. You can cut the clothing item's arms off, and trim up any other areas so that it better fits your furbaby. This will, of course, largely depend on your furbaby's size. For example, a large dog could wear larger revamped shirts, whereas a small dog or cat could potentially use shirts in a child's size. Even old baby onesies could be used for small animals.

It might even be worth it to note that, in some instances, using your old clothes, or even typical pet clothing, could possibly help protect healing sores. For example, clothes could potentially be used to block a furbaby's access to a healing surgical incision or other lesion on their abdomen, sides, or back. This being said, always discuss any such treatments with your veterinarian. Some wounds should not be covered up because they need air to properly heal. So, never cover lesions with any sort of pet clothing, bandage, or wrapping without first discussing this with your veterinarian.

All in all, before you toss out your old clothes, take into consideration if there is any use your furbaby might get out of them. After all, as we've mentioned, your old clothes could be used as blankets or sleeping spots for your furbaby, they could be used to make a pet bed, pieces of them could be used to make toys, or, as mentioned today, they could be used to create clothes for your furbaby. Just as with a number of everyday items, our old clothes could potentially be used in any number of ways for the benefit of our furbabies. After all, kitties and pups often find comfort in the scent of their people, and so they surely wouldn't mind using your clothes once you're done with them.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Eddy is always such a cutie. Great fill ins. Hope you have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

I know Astrid would probably love a vacation, dogs are pretty cool about being wherever their human is, but i'm not so sure about the cats.

It's always a joy to see Eddy, and your doodles, i hope that pen ships in soon.

pilch92 said...

Great answers to all the fill-ins. I understand about your not wanting to vacation without your furbabies. And I am glad you will aways want pets with special needs. Adorable shot of Eddy watching for Santa and cute drawing. excellent idea about clothes. I always use our old clothes to line kitty beds.

Eastside Cats said...

As an artist, your tools are very impawtant!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

We're fearing poor Santa Paws either melted out west or drowned here in the east :( I have two sets of neighbors who have gone away for two whole weeks on vacation, leaving pets behind. I can barely stand to leave Mudpie alone for 2 hours, much less 2 weeks! I don't know which of us would go crazy first.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We always admire cats who get along with physical problems unnatural to them. They adapt to "what is". TBT says he is not sure he would do that well.