Friday, July 14, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and welcome! It's the day of the Friendly Fill-Ins, and we would love for you to join us. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I have a spare _________.

2. _________ is the day I _________.

3. I need to invent _________ so that _________.

4. _________ really made me rethink _________.


My answers are below in bold.
 
1. I have a spare carton of chocolate milk at all times.
(My favorite treat of a beverage is chocolate milk, and it's very rare that I run out of it. I almost always have a spare carton in the back of the fridge because I never go a day without my beloved chocolate milk. Though, it's not really milk, since I'm lactose intolerant and therefore drink almond "milk" instead. The Silk brand has a dark chocolate almond version, though, and to me it tastes even better than actual chocolate milk.)

2. Saturday is the day I do the most house cleaning.
(I usually kick off my weekend with a Saturday morning session of vacuuming all the floors. I also do the most intensive mopping on Saturdays, as well as counter cleaning, bathroom cleaning, and all that jazz. I do some minimal cleaning on some weekdays before or after work, so that my Saturdays aren't just endless cleaning, but Saturday is for sure the main cleaning day. It's not my favorite thing, but it's also surprisingly not my least favorite thing.)

3. I need to invent a truly flavorless gabapentin for cats so that Evan doesn't have to froth so much.
(I don't know what it is about gabapentin, or if it's just my orange boy's personal taste buds, but no matter what kind of gabapentin I give Evan, the boy can't stand it. Whether it's supposedly flavorless types, or types supposedly flavored with tasty things, he hates them all. This is the only drug, aside from some antibiotics, that causes Evan to froth and drool everywhere. I always wait beside him with a rag after administering it to wipe away all the drool so that he doesn't have to sit there with bubbles coming out of his mouth. It's quite a sight.)

4. The last few years really made me rethink a lot of things.
(I've had some personal life events affect me, as I'm sure everyone has, but world events also really make a person think and reconsider certain things in life.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for Eddy? We had a cool day recently, meaning that we had a day that was only 80°F instead of 90°F, and so Eddy got a few minutes of window whiffies. Sorry she couldn't look at the camera for this shot, but she was very busy snoopervising the back yard.


Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's doodle is a flashback from many years ago. It's one that I've been meaning to recreate for some time now, and I think that time has nearly come. So, before I get started on the new version, here's the original.




***
Tip of the Day

Do you have furbabies, including strays and ferals, who spend time outdoors and who therefore have water and food bowls outside? Sometimes the wind can wreak havoc on said bowls, especially if they are lightweight. One cheap way to combat this is to get a couple of same-sized buckets, such as ice cream buckets. You can put a couple inches of sand or rock at the bottom of one of the buckets, and then place the other identical bucket within the one weighed down by the sand. Then, the bucket on top can be filled with water, or even food. Since it will be snugly nestled within the weighted bucket, this will help it stay put in the wind. Of course, do make sure that any water or food placed in such buckets are not difficult to reach. For example, large buckets would work fine for offering food and water to large dogs, but likely not so well for smaller cats. So, simply consider the size of the animal in question, and try to rig a feeding and drinking station that suits them. For cats, you can try the above method, just with smaller containers. Then again, you can also simply look on the market for heavy, sturdy bowls that could combat the wind. No matter what method you use, take even the wind into consideration when feeding furbabies outdoors, and think outside the box to find a safe way to combat it as needed.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Cute Eddy pic. Great fillins. Hope you have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

Some meds are just plain nasty.

Eddy, i'm glad you had your window open, if even for a moment. I wouldn't have stopped to look at the camera, either.

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, you look about ready to eekeekeekeek!
The past few years have made me realize how much I've been giving to others, without giving enough to myself.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I am glad you found a way to enjoy chocolate milk despite being lactose intolerant. Eddy is a cutie and I like the drawing. Great tips tpp. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Such a cute photo! Is it fall yet? Great answers too.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. TBT: I have a spare bag of unopened toys hanging in the closet.

2. Marley: Today is the day I do what I did yesterday.

3. TBT: I need to invent a waterbowl that doesn't collect food crumbs so that I don't have to clean it every day.

4. Ayla: watching Lori and Laz run around outside really made me rethink my indoor habits. So I go outside again now.

meowmeowmans said...

Ooh! What's out there, Eddy?

Mom L, we hear ya about your fill-in for #4...