Friday, July 7, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and welcome! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I am never without _________.

2. My favorite place for fast food is _________.

3. I feel like I'm naturally good at _________.

4. I would probably benefit from _________ lessons.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I am never without my orange shadow.
(At least when I'm at home, my sweet orange tabby boy Evan is always with me. If I'm on the couch watching TV, he's curled up at my side. If I'm asleep in bed, he's snoozing away right next to me. If I'm cooking something up in the kitchen, he's at my feet, likely begging for a taste. He doesn't even believe in me having private bathroom breaks. I love my little orange shadow.)

2. My favorite place for fast food is Meatheads.
(I don't very often eat out or dine on fast food, but I do have a couple of favorites when I do. When it comes to quick and easy restaurants, at least currently, my vote would go to the relatively local chain called Meatheads. This place has both delicious hamburgers as well as chicken sandwiches, two of my favorites when it comes to fast food. They also have gluten free buns, which my gluten intolerant intestines greatly appreciate. And now I'm hungry for Meatheads.)

3. I feel like I'm naturally good at reading animals' body language.
(This could very well be a result of growing up with animals and being around them my entire life. Even so, I overall feel like I have a pretty good grasp on what an animal is saying without words. I'm sometimes confounded by the way some people misinterpret how an animal is acting. I'm sure a lot of us have seen videos online of an owner annoying their cat and then acting shocked when said perturbed cat gives them all the warning signs before smacking them in the face. I also have some neighbors who know very little about animals, and they'll freak out and essentially run for their lives when a lost dog lopes down the street with a happily wagging tail and playful gait. Then, when I crouch down and call the friendly pup to me, said neighbors will scream "Look out!" and act like I'm about to be mauled by the smiling dog. This has happened more than once, and it astounds me every time.)

4. I would probably benefit from sewing lessons.
(I don't enjoy tasks like sewing, but I could definitely make use of the skills. I'm one of those people who is more likely to have a torn clothing item sewn back to full functionality before suffering through shopping for a new one. That said, I can't sew to save my life, so my poor mom, who is an amazing seamstress, is always patching up my well-loved clothes for me. Thanks, Mom! Maybe someday I'll learn how to do this myself.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Yes? Good, because you're about to get it.


Eddy wasn't too happy with how bright his human let that photo look, so she requested I redo it. I tried, but I'm far from a professional photographer, so this is all I could manage with the second shot.


No matter the brightness and no matter how lacking in skill this photographer is, this little tabby model is still downright adorable. And no, I'm not biased.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

A couple days ago we mentioned some of the benefits of growing cat grass indoors for your kitty. One final tip relating to cat grass got lost in the shuffle, so we'll share that today. So, you don't only have to grow cat grass in small pots from which your kitty can have a bit of a green snack. Another option is to create for your kitty a cat grass bed. For example, you could grow some cat grass in a larger pot, and some cats will enjoy this grassy environment for napping or playing purposes. Cats' ancestors out in the wild often live, sleep, and even play in this type of grassy environment, so why not our domesticated kitties?

Another option is to create beds or play areas out of artificial grass, which can again give off the idea of a more wild environment for your kitty. Most synthetic grass materials are safe for pets, but you should of course still always double check, or simply look for ones that are specifically designed to be pet-friendly. There are, in fact, artificial grass toys, scratchers, and beds that are specifically designed for cats. Did you know there are even artificial grass potty mats for dogs, or even cats? All in all, artificial grass is not only low-maintenance, but can also have beneficial effects for your kitty. It can offer them a place to play or snooze, all while mimicking grassy environments found out in the wild. If you think your cat might enjoy cat grass or synthetic grass in the form of a bed or play area, perhaps look into setting this up for them.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins and I love the close up of Eddy!
Have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

I'm glad Evan is your shadow, and i agree a happy dog is probably not one to be afraid of, i hope your neighbors can figure that out someday.

Tell Eddy she is so bright her photos will come out that way no matter what. She just shines.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable for sure! I can't sew to save my life either!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I wish we had a Meatheads, the name cracks me up. :) I had a similar answer for #1, I guess orange males make great shadows. Eddy is a cutie. Nice drawing and great tips. XO

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. I am never without a few cat treats in my pocket.

2. My favorite place for fast food is none. I prefer to cook..

3. I feel like I'm naturally good at scritching.

4. I would probably benefit from meowing-language lessons.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Fancatstic fill-ins in today, and if mew lived near us, we'd offer the P.A.'s sewing services, she's always mending something, this week she's altering two skirts, taking up a pair of jeans and reshaping a bodywarmer for her mum! Happy Caturday sweeties and Eddy mew are looking fangtastic again, we hope your weekend is totally furbulous!

meowmeowmans said...

Those are some adorable photos of adorable Eddy! We feel like we are good at reading animals' body language, too. :)