Monday, July 17, 2023

Mancat Monday: Flashback Christmas in July

Happy Monday, friends! It's Mancat Monday, and today mancat Evan wanted to share a flashback. So, here's to a past July, when he helped this here mom of his scribble up a Christmas in July doodle.


Can you see that doodle there that Evan helped me scribble up? Here, we'll give you a better view of it.


I hope to work on a new Christmas in July doodle over the next couple of days. If I'm being honest, I as much as I love drawing traditional Christmas doodles, I'm not a big fan of summer and so Christmas in July doodles are not ones that come as easily for me. Even so, I've mentioned recently how I've found a renewed inspiration to draw, after a few months of the opposite of that. I'm working on a new series of doodles right now that revolve around my own little furbabies, and on top of those I have nearly a dozen other doodles done and ready to share. I was supposed to have scanned and uploaded all those last week, but between my scanner's usual hot mess self mixed with my own hot mess self, that's now not happening until this week.

Anyway, yet more rambling aside, you better believe Evan is still my main art assistant. He's always at my side, keeping me company. The other main artsy helper is Thimble, who may or may not be a pen thief and pen chewer and therefore maybe not so helpful. But she's cute, so she gets away with it.

Have a magnificent Monday, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

We've all seen those chew toys for pups. Puppies, and even grown dogs, often love to chew, and so chew toys can allow them to gnaw on a designated item rather than one that is not ideal or one that is dangerous. But, did you know that there are chew toys for cats as well? Like dogs, some cats love to chew. Chewing is sometimes more common in kittens, but some adult cats are chewers, too. If this is the case with your cat, perhaps look into getting them some feline-friendly chew toys. This could potentially save them from chewing on items that they should not, which could be beneficial to your goods, and also of course to your kitty's health.

Of course, whether a chew toy is for your kitty or pup, it is important to take into consideration the material out of which a chew toy is made, as well as whether it will withstand a particular furbaby's level of chewing. Some toy brands will label whether a chew toy is suitable for powerful chewers, for example. Even so, you know your furbaby best, and so you must decide whether a toy will be able to survive their chewing habits, and therefore whether it might be a hazard. There are a great many pet toys available these days, you simply have to consider a toy's benefits and safety for your furbabies.

4 comments:

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Keep your mom on track, Evan!

pilch92 said...

Sweet shot of Evan. I love Christmas in July. I am celebrating it on Thursday with my little nieces. Joanie is going to give them presents. XO

Eastside Cats said...

How is Evan doing these days?

messymimi said...

You have excellent help.