Friday, April 19, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins, Distracted Eddy, and the Letter Q

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-ins, and I came up with the second two.


1. A remake of _________ would be fun.

2. My favorite cartoon character is _________.

3. I wish I had better _________ skills so that I could _________.

4. I'm proud of the progress I've made with _________.


My answers are below in bold. Most of them are accompanied by needlessly long explanations. My apologies.

1. A remake of The Lord of the Rings would be fun.
(I know they've made a new TV series revolving around Tolkien's world and that sort of thing, but I'd love to see The Lord of the Rings movies redone. I enjoyed them for what they were when they first came out, but as a huge fan of Tolkien's books, I'd love to see it redone with a few of the details more true to the original story. This is probably just because my love for Tolkien's world started when I was essentially a toddler, when my dad read The Hobbit to my sister and myself as a bedtime story. That said, I'd also love to see The Hobbit movies remade. I couldn't even make it through all of those, because they were just simply not faithful to my beloved book.)

2. My favorite cartoon character is Garfield.
(Garfield is a cat, and an orange one at that, so he's always been a favorite of mine. I've also always loved Garfield's canine pal Odie, as well as Snoopy.)

3. I wish I had better graphic art and design skills so that I could create, edit, and format all sorts of things.
(I really struggled to word this answer, for whatever reason. I love to draw, and I draw by hand. I use paper, pencils, pens, markers, and that sort of thing. I'll never stop doing that. That said, I'd love to have more ability to graphically enhance certain art I draw, create various digital images with my drawings, et cetera. I also would like to be way better at formatting documents and other print products. Really, I just feel like I could do so much more with my drawn and written creative works if I was more technologically savvy.)

4. I'm proud of the progress I've made with my art.
(I guess I'll follow up my graphic art comment by saying that I am proud of how I've grown with my hand drawn art. As I said above, I'll never stop drawing by hand. I'm far from perfect at it, but at least in a lot of regards, I believe I have improved over the years. I've developed my own style, and that's something I'm proud of. Lately I've also been experimenting with various ways to make even my cartoon style sometimes look a tad bit more realistic. You'll be seeing a variety of new drawings very soon, though some of them are are very weird and wacky in subject matter.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Now, we of course have the next installment in the April A to Z Challenge.


Our alphabetical theme is All Things Cat, and so we're sharing all sorts of things in the shape of cats. Today we've reached the letter Q. For this one, we went a bit abstract, and so Q stands for question. The following is the best I managed for that.


I mentioned my art in the fill-ins above, and it still feels weird to be sharing such simple drawings this whole month. I'm used to drawing scenes of a sort, and I honestly can't wait to get back to sharing those types of drawings. So, you'll indeed be seeing some new scene drawings soon.



***

Last but absolutely not least, we have for you your Eddy fix. Eddy would like to apologize for being a bit distracted today. She simply couldn't look at the camera today, because there were squirrels and birds to spy on outside the window.


Have a fantastic Friday, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

As part of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month, we are continuing our series of tips regarding this topic. Yesterday we mentioned some of the unfortunate forms of cruelty and neglect, and mentioned the importance of recognizing animal cruelty when you witness it. Today, we are giving some brief tips on what to do if you do witness animal cruelty.

First and foremost, if you witness animal cruelty, report it as soon as possible. You can report it to the police, including calling 911 if you believe it is an emergency at hand. You can also call your local animal control, humane society, or other organization that can offer help in the face of animal cruelty. If your local area does not offer help for animal cruelty, then call the Humane Society of the United States or other similar organization to see what can possibly be done.

What's more, if you do have animal cruelty to report, make sure that you have all the details and any evidence possible. Knowing the location, date, time, and of course the nature of the witnessed cruelty can be important for expediting the report and actions taken by police or other organizations. Try to tell them what types of animals and how many are involved, as well as details on any perpetrators you've seen. If possible, use that cell phone of yours to grab photos or video of any cruelty you are witnessing. Evidence in this form can really help to expedite the resolution of the issue.

When it comes to reporting animal cruelty, be persistent. Animals do not have the voice with which to speak up for themselves, so we must do it for them. If you are witnessing cruelty, be persistent in contacting those who can help, and follow up to ensure that there is resolution. Give the police, animal control, the humane society, or whoever is helping your contact information, so that they can contact you if needed. All in all, we must be the voice for the voiceless, so if you witness any form of animal cruelty or neglect, do all that you can to safely seek aid for the victim(s).

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

I was going to pick Garfield, but I was watching Family Guy and chose Stewie. LOL

Eddy looks adorable as always. Have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

You are beautiful, Eddy!
You should be proud of your accomplishments.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Squirrels and birds are very important! Garfield has been a popular choice :)

pilch92 said...

Great answers. I had the same for #2. :) And you should be very proud of your art. Eddy is a cutie. Great tips too.

messymimi said...

Garfield is my second, Snoopy is my first. Bugs Bunny is a close third, believe it or not.

I like your drawings, I think your style is fun and unique.

Thanks for the pic of Eddy, she's as precious as always.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

1. A remake of WKRP In Cincinnati would be fun.

2. My favorite cartoon character is Bender (from Futurama).

3. I (Binq) wish I had better lap skills so that I could nap on TBT.

4. I'm proud of the progress I've made with improving passwords.