Friday, April 26, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins, Eddy's Outtakes, and the Letter W

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I find _________ offensive.

2. _________ is a good way to make some extra cash.

3. _________ makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.

4. I could see myself naming a cat or dog _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I find the smell of sauerkraut offensive.
(There are certainly things that I find offensive in far more serious manners, but this is what came to my mind. Sauerkraut is one of my least favorite smells in the world, and sometimes it actually makes me feel nauseous.)

2. Selling decluttered items is a good way to make some extra cash.
(I don't know how this works in all regions, but I'm in a decently sized town that's also a college town. Perhaps for those reasons, when I really get to decluttering, I can list some things on Facebook Marketplace or the like and actually make a bit of extra cash.)

3. Kickbutt music makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.
(Not that I actually can accomplish certain things, but music that's inspirational in that kickbutt sort of way really gets me hyped up. If I really need motivation to work out or get some chores done or even accomplish some of my artistic endeavors, sometimes I just need to put on my playlist that is called "Kickbutt", except the playlist's name is admittedly the less censored version of that word.)

4. I could see myself naming a cat or dog Orion.
(I have a longtime interest in astronomy, and Orion is my favorite constellation in the night sky. So, I've always wondered if some day I'll have a kitty or pup with that name. It could certainly happen.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

And now it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.

As always, blooper queen Eddy is more than ready for this event. Today, her outtakes are much like all of the others she's shared. As in, here's an active and blurry Eddy for you.





Obviously, even when blurry Eddy is downright adorable. She knows you all agree with that. Right?



***

Last but not least, we have for you today's installment in the April A to Z Challenge.

Our theme is All Things Cat, for which I'm sharing doodles of items shaped like, of course, cats. Today we've reached the letter W, which stands for wall clock.


This doodle was originally supposed to be C for clock or T for time, but that didn't work out with other drawings I ended up having for those letters. So, it gets to be a wall clock.

Have a fantastic day, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

Our spring safety tip today involves those beloved window whiffies. As you all certainly know, before opening those windows, make sure that they have screens and that those screens are properly safe and secure. Check those window screens before allowing your kitty or pup access. If any weak spots or issues are noted, do not allow your furbaby access until the window is safe against escape by said furbaby.

Also keep in mind that it is possible for a window screen to seem secure, but for a furbaby to lean or push against it and thereby knock it loose. It's also possible for little claws to make weak spots in screens. For this reason, never leave your furbaby unattended with open windows. This way, no accidental falls or escapes from the window can occur. We're a broken record, so we'll again repeat that it's always better to be safe than sorry.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I agree about decluttering items. Garage sales or flea markets are a great place to get rid of stuff. It's been a long time since I've had one and I have so much stuff to get rid of.

I hope you have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

Sometimes you just need a "getting busy music montage" as my daughter used to say, to get the blood flowing and you up and moving.

Love the Eddy pics, blurry or not.

pilch92 said...

(I enjoyed all you answers to the fill-ins and I think Orion is a cool name. Must be the Polish in me, I love sauerkraut. :) Nice drawing and cute bloopers of Eddy. Excellent tips too. I learned the hard way about screens when Bridget escaped and it took a week to catch her. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Pawsome bloopers, Eddy!!!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Even failed cat-pics are adorable! And we love the clock...