Friday, April 12, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins, Glowing Goddess, and the Letter K

Hello, friends! Let's start with the Friendly Fill-Ins today, shall we? We'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. The last thing I cooked was _________.

2. When I go out to eat, my usual order is _________.

3. I feel most comfortable when _________.

4. I purchase _________ on a very regular basis.


My answers are below in bold.

1. The last thing I cooked was a chicken sandwich and fries.
(I bake a big batch of chicken breasts at least once a week to have ready for various meals. Most recently, with one of those I made a chicken sandwich with my favorite toppings, those being ketchup, mayo, pickles, and lettuce. As a side, I chopped up some potatoes, salted them, popped them in the oven, and thereby made some baked fries. That's one of my favorite meals of all time.)

2. When I go out to eat, my usual order is a burger and fries.
(I didn't mean for this answer to be so similar to #1, it just so happened that the most recent meal I made at home is similar to what I also like getting from restaurants. I don't eat out very often, but if I do, unless it's a Mexican restaurant or a steakhouse, I almost always get a hamburger or chicken burger with a side of fries. Extra props to the restaurant if they serve sweet potato fries.)

3. I feel most comfortable when I'm home.
(I've given variations of this answer for so many fill-ins. It's just simply true, though. Home is my favorite place to be. After all, it's where my kitties and pup are. And it's where I can lounge around in sweatpants and a sweatshirt, but I digress.)

4. I purchase chocolate milk on a very regular basis.
(The most obvious answer would be that I constantly buy cat and dog food, cat litter, Evan's medications, and all that jazz. I wanted to give a less obvious answer, though, so I'm here with my chocolate milk. I'm lactose intolerant, so my chocolate milk is actually almond "milk", and it's dark chocolate. I happily drink a great big glass of it every day.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.


***

Now, how about we move onto the letter K? After all, that's where we currently sit in the alphabet for the April A to Z Challenge.


Our theme is All Things Cat, so I'm sharing doodles of items shaped like cats. Today, for the letter K, we have for you a kite.


We've been having plenty of wind here in our corner of the world lately, so we really should go grab us a kitty kite and give it a try.



***

Of course, we wouldn't let Friday go by without giving you your Eddy fix. This girl learned that Thimble has been sharing photos of herself enjoying the bright and shiny sun, so Eddy wanted to the do the same today. 


Just look at that glowing goddess! Feel free to bow down. Eddy is always up for some worshippers.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Tip of the Day

Though rare, did you know that our furbabies can get lice? The lice our kitties and pups can get, though, are not the same that we humans get. In fact, lice are species-specific. Humans get a certain kind of lice, dogs can become infested with a different kind of lice, and yet a different type of lice affects cats. In other words, we cannot get lice from our furbabies, and they cannot get it from us. Again, though, lice in our furbabies is not terribly common. Still, it is important to know that it's not impossible.

Signs of lice might include your furbaby itching, scratching, or biting at affected areas of their body. You also might even be able to see the lice or their eggs, more or less white in color, on your furbaby. A lice infestation and its symptoms will likely more heavily affect cats or dogs who are sick, elderly, or have a compromised immune system.

Just as we have noted with all of the parasites we've previously discussed, if you have any concern that your kitty or pup is infested with lice, of course have them seen by your veterinarian as soon as possible. Your veterinarian will be able to prescribe a treatment for eradicating lice. In addition, don't forget that with parasites such as lice, your furbaby's environment will also need to be rid of the infestation. As always, discuss any and all concerns with your veterinarian.

5 comments:

pilch92 said...

How funny we had the same answer for 2 and 4-including sweet potato fries. :) I like the kite drawing and the photos of sweet Eddy. Great tips too.

Peachy, Stippie, Angel Binky and Granny said...

That picture of Eddy is so cute💗Looks like we all like it best at home, purrfect answer😺😸Double Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞

messymimi said...

I like chocolate milk too much.

The kitty kite is just right and so is beautiful Eddy.

Lisa said...

Cute cat kite!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

***Bowing***

That kite would've ended up in another state we had so much wind today! I'm a big chocolate milk fan too.