Friday, July 12, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Adorable Face

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.

1. It would be nice to be _________ for a day.

2. The older I get, the more I appreciate _________.

3. I like to decorate _________ with _________.

4. You'll often find _________ on my kitchen counter.


My answers are below in bold.

1. It would be nice to be retired for a day.
(I'm grateful to have a job and therefore a paycheck, but I'll admit there are plenty of days when I would love to try out retirement. That said, I'm currently 35 years old, so those days are still in the distant future. Still, though, a girl can dream.)

2. The older I get, the more I appreciate downtime.
(As a kid, I would lament about how much time school and homework took, but that was before a full-time job, cleaning an entire house, grocery shopping, cooking almost every meal, making sure I have clean dishes and clothes, tending to home repairs, yard work, and all that jazz. So, times when I can just sit on the couch and read or watch TV without some sort of responsibility needing my attention, I really savor those moments.)

3. I like to decorate my home with my personal style.
(I assume this is the case for most people. That said, I've never wanted a home that looks like one you'd see in a catalogue. I prefer things that are admittedly a bit more weird, like Halloween decorations that stay out year round. For example, my art desk is set up with witchy and macabre decor, complete with little potion bottles and skulls, and even a skeleton sitting in the chair when a living human isn't using it. It's weird and I'm fully aware of that, but that's what brings me joy and inspiration.)

4. You'll often find syringes on my kitchen counter.
(I've mentioned before how my orange tabby boy Evan is on something like 9 different medications, and his medication station is tucked away in a little nook on the kitchen counter. All of the medications live in a cute kitty bowl (a Halloween one, of course), but the syringes used to give some of his meds just tend to find themselves scattered on the counter sometimes. They have a designated place with the medications, but they still just always seem to end up hanging out elsewhere. Need to pour yourself a drink? Better move these syringes out of the way. Ready to make that spaghetti dinner? Let's just get these syringes off the burner first.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Your Eddy fix today may not include great lighting or a great angle, but it sure does include a cute little face.


You can even get a little glimpse of that little snaggletooth in Eddy's adorable mouth. Of course, you can also admire those whiskers and those eyes and that nose and pretty much all of Eddy's adorable face.

Have a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

Given my answer to fill-in #3 above, this flashback doodle seems apt enough.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's pet parenting hack of a tip is one to help you save on floor space. When it comes to storing some of your pet supplies—whether it be treats, canned food, medications, brushes, toys, or cleaning supplies, just to name a few—you can try using a shower caddy or other similar shelving system. You can even get shelving units that are meant to hang from a door, such as by a hook that goes over the top of door, to further save on both floor and wall space. Sometimes our furbabies come with a lot of supplies, and we have to find a place to put all of those items. So, as needed, think outside the box and find ways to use a variety of storage systems that will help save you on floor space or even wall space.

5 comments:

Sandee said...

1. It would be nice to be agile for a day. To go back to my younger years and be able to move without any restrictions.
2. The older I get, the more I appreciate my agility in my younger years and my wonderful family.
3. I like to decorate Christmas with red, white and gold.
4. You’ll often find red daisy pottery on my kitchen counter.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. Eddy is so adorable.

messymimi said...

I also appreciate downtime and can hardly wait to retire, although I'm in my 60s and a bit closer than you are.

Hello, Eddy!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Hello, adorable Eddy! I always enjoy reading your answers. We're so much alike. Too funny about the syringes scattered everywhere.

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed your answers. I am with you on home style. Cute shot of Eddy and great drawing. Excellent tips too. Have a nice weekend. Xo