Friday, July 5, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Glamour Shot

Hello, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements and I came up with the second two.


1. My favorite beverage to drink when it is hot out is _________.

2. My favorite summer activity is _________.

3. I'm grateful that I have the freedom to _________.

4. If I don't _________, I'll forget _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. My favorite beverage to drink when it is hot out is sweet tea.
(I love sweet tea. I don't need it so sweet that I'm pretty much drinking syrup, but I do love some sweetness to that tea, especially when it's hot outside. Chilled or iced is of course even better for that sweet tea on those hot summer days.)

2. My favorite summer activity is staying indoors.
(I enjoy me a nice walk with pup Astrid or even a little mowing session when it's a moderate summer day. However, if it's going to be hot and humid, inside with an air conditioner is the only place I want to be.)

3. I'm grateful that I have the freedom to do what I want when I want.
(This is obviously within reason. That said, this answer was inspired by a conversation I had with my sister the other day. We were talking about how as kids you had to ask permission to do a lot of things, whether that be eating certain things or going to the restroom during class. It's interesting yet quite nice how most of that just sort of disappears when you're an adult. If I want to eat a whole container of ice cream at midnight, I can. And if I need to go to the bathroom at any point in the day, I don't have to ask an adult or get a pass to do so.)

4. If I don't write down my to-do list, I'll forget to do at least half of it.
(Some things I automatically remember. At this point, I have a routine for medicating Evan and doing my basic daily chores. Other things that don't happen every day, though, I have to write down or else I'll probably forget to do it on the day it needs done.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Today, for your Eddy fix, this tabby lady decided to give you all a non-blurry view of her gorgeous face, snaggletooth and all.


Is that not a glamour shot of this pretty gal? It definitely is. And I'm totally not biased.

Eddy and all of us here wish you a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

We have yet another flashback summertime spooky doodle for today, this one in honor of the fact that we have skeletons out year round at our house. Luckily, though, none of them occupy Eddy's favorite chair.




***
Tip of the Day

Is your kitty a chewer? Do they put anything and everything in their mouth? While we're sure you all know to keep potentially dangerous plants out of your home, do you have safe or fake plants on which your kitty chews? If your cat goes outdoors, do they tend to eat grass on the lawn? If the answers to any of these are yes, and if medical issues have been ruled out for any abnormal behaviors, do perhaps consider keeping some cat grass growing in your home. Even if any of the above statements aren't true of your cat, you can of course still offer cat grass. Cat grass is a safe plant on which many cats enjoy chewing, and which also serves as a source of fiber than can help keep things moving sufficiently through the GI tract. For example, cat grass might be able to help prevent issues with hairballs.

You can purchase cat grass that has already been grown and is ready for your kitty's chompers, or you can grow your own. It is relatively simple to grow, and is also typically cheap. So, do consider looking into keeping cat grass in your home, both for your kitty's entertainment as well as for their health. Some cats might try to eat the whole plant in one fell swoop, so you might have to consider only leaving it in their reach for short amounts of time, but even that way it can still be fun and beneficial.

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

Beautiful Eddy pic!

Great fill ins...I'm the same way with #2 and #4. I always have to write things down. I do love crossing things off my list :)

Have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

I t adn't thought of it this way, but you are right, when you grow up, you can simply do a lot of things and not think about having to ask permission.

Thank you, Eddy! This is a beautiful shot of you.

pilch92 said...

Great answers on the fill-ins. I had the same for #2 and 4. I can barely remember to drug Brody one pill a day, I can't imagine how hard it is to keep track of Evan's meds.Cute shot of Eddy. Nice drawing and great tips.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You're adorable, Eddy! Seems staying inside with the AC is a common answer for #2 :)

Gidget Blue Sky said...

eddy, yoo iz gorgeous!!!!

Sandee said...

1. My favorite beverage to drink when it is hot out is ice cold water or Gatorade.
2. My favorite summer activity is staying cool and reading lots of books.
3. I’m grateful that I have the freedom to come and go as I please.
4. If I don’t write it down, I’ll forget what it is that I wanted to do.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-Ins.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. ♥