Friday, July 19, 2024

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Derriere

Hello, friends! It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I refuse to shop at _________ because _________.

2. _________ is my screensaver.

3. If I had a pet parrot, I would teach it to say _________.

4. Even though _________ isn't until _________, I'm already _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I refuse to shop at Starbucks because I personally see it as an overpriced status symbol.
(This is very much just me and my opinion. This is certainly not a judgement on anyone who enjoys Starbucks items. To each their own. I personally will just never buy anything from there. Starbucks was incredibly popular when I was in high school, but it always seemed like it was popular for the wrong reasons. Some students would show up every day touting their Starbucks cups and would carry them around all day. It was a thing. And, admittedly, that kind of thing immediately makes me dislike something. Also, the prices just seem insane to me.)

2. Evan is my screensaver.
(I of course have images of all of my furbabies all over my devices and all that jazz. But, my momma's boy Evan has been my screensaver for years.)

3. If I had a pet parrot, I would teach it to say spooky things.
(I might teach him some of my favorite lines for Poe's works or my favorite quotes from horror books and movies. This is in part because I just love these kinds of things, but it could also be incredibly useful if someone were to break into my house and hear a creepy little voice say, "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.")

4. Even though Halloween isn't until October, I'm already enjoying horror movie marathons and putting out creepy home decor.
(I technically do this kind of stuff all year round, but with Halloween creeping up on us, I've been picking up my pace with it all. I'm sure my entire house will be decorated for Halloween before August is over.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Eddy apologizes that your view of her for today is a bit, well, you can just see for yourself.


Eddy didn't intend on giving you a rear view, but this mom of hers opened the window because it's been beautiful outside lately, and so Eddy just had to investigate.


Don't worry, the window only stays open like that if I'm standing right there. My angel Rosie once fell out of a window when the screen busted out, and though she was fine and we got her back inside, I now trust no open windows to keep my kitties safe.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Today's pet parenting tip relates to the dreaded vacuum cleaner, but at the same time, it doesn't. Especially if you have a furbaby who is fearful of the vacuum, you can do them a favor by using other methods to clean carpets and rugs, when possible. For example, did you know that a squeegee can be used to remove pet hair from carpets and rugs? That being said, there are also actual rug brushes on the market, which can similarly be used to remove hair from carpets and rugs. So, especially if you have a furbaby who is fearful when you vacuum, you can use these alternative, far quieter such methods when possible. Though the vacuum cleaner may not always be avoidable, when it is, such methods as the aforementioned ones can help remove hair from carpets and rugs while causing far less fearful reactions from your kitties or pups.

6 comments:

Sandee said...

1. I refuse to shop for Hershey's chocolate because they moved their company to Mexico. It used to be about 10 miles from our home in Oakdale, California.
2. Angel Little Bit on the swim platform of our boat is my screensaver.
3. If I had a pet parrot, I would teach it to say I love you.
4. Even though fall isn’t until September 22, I’m already ready for cooler temperatures.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-Ins. ♥

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. I don't go to Starbucks either.

Have a great weekend!

messymimi said...

Teaching a parrot to say such things would be fun.

Nice tocks, Eddy!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Tara pushed through a screen too! It's super reinforced now. Adorable tushie :) I don't understand how people can afford to visit Starbucks daily, much less multiple times per day. Talk about a waste of money!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I am happy to hear you are anti Starbucks too. My niece keeps them in business, and it drives me crazy. I had the same answer as you for #4. :) Eddy has a cute little butt. Nice drawing and great tips. I try to avoid using the vacuum because most are afraid except Rusty who chases it. :) XO

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

I don't like coffee (I'm more a green tea drinker), so I have never been in a Starbucks.

My desktop pic is Iza and Ayla sleeping together. It was rare and I got a perfect picture of them once. The screensaver is just Mac standard