Today marks an entire year since my sweet pup Astrid gained her angel wings. Rather than focus on the awful events of this time last year, though, I'm going to share my gratitude for the endless fun and beautiful memories my Astrid gifted me with over the years.
This girl was and always will be truly something so special. She was sweet and sassy, and she was so smart and had such a fun and quirky personality that I will always love so much.
I cherish every single memory I share with my angel Astrid. Some of my favorite, though, admittedly come from all of the grand adventures we took on walks and occasional day trips. This girl loved her walks as well as car rides, and so the adventures were many.
I've had my primary memorial drawing for Astrid outlined since soon after she passed last year. I still haven't colored it in, though, because it just seems like such a daunting thing to finish when I know nothing will ever be good enough for my perfect pup. I'll of course still be finishing that doodle soon, especially now that it's been a year. But, for today, I want to share the first drawing I completed for Astrid after she passed.
As a preface, just a couple days before Astrid passed last year, I decorated my house for Halloween while she was having one of her rare moments of restfulness in her final days. Astrid and I had very similar tastes in weather, meaning we loved going for walks on cool autumn days. I loved perusing the neighborhood with her, looking at all the Halloween decorations people had out in their yards. None of that rambling made sense, I'm sure, but it all leads up to this doodle that I scribbled up last year very soon after my sweet pup passed.
As a preface, just a couple days before Astrid passed last year, I decorated my house for Halloween while she was having one of her rare moments of restfulness in her final days. Astrid and I had very similar tastes in weather, meaning we loved going for walks on cool autumn days. I loved perusing the neighborhood with her, looking at all the Halloween decorations people had out in their yards. None of that rambling made sense, I'm sure, but it all leads up to this doodle that I scribbled up last year very soon after my sweet pup passed.
The inspiration for that there doodle was of course Astrid herself, and my favorite sweater I got her a couple years before she passed.
Astrid, I love you so very much, always and forever! You brought me so, so much happiness, my sweet girl, and you still do and always will.













No comments:
Post a Comment