Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Plumbing Repairs and Cat Beds

Hello, friends! I did not mean to skip yesterday's post. I had the day off work for Labor Day, but I wasn't on my computer much. Even more so, though, what really derailed me was the plumbing emergency that started on Saturday. It actually ended up not being anything truly major or requiring any wall-destroying repairs that were first anticipated, so I'm grateful for that. Even so, I had a repairman out this weekend and thereafter had a lot of cleanup following my shower's decision to spray water out onto my bathroom floor. Some baseboards still need replaced, courtesy of some opportunistic water, but the worst of the issue is remedied.

All that said, we're here! We're late, but we're here. Since it's the day Tonks usually gets to post, but Evan missed his post yesterday, how about something starring both of them?

Not too long ago, Tonks shared her newfound love for cat beds. She never really paid them much mind before, but these days she loves snoozing in the spare bed I put down for Evan every day.


In case you're curious, that photo above has a sort of ethereal glow because I didn't realize my camera lens was smudged.

For his contribution to this photo shoot, Evan decided to go the blooper route by taking a bath.



I have so few photos of Tonks in cat beds, so this here makes me so happy!


Have a terrific Tuesday, friends! Evan and Tonks hope you get in a good nap in a cozy bed!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

In between plumbing repairman visits and bathroom cleanup this weekend, I did get at least some of my Halloween decorations up. I also finally got my first Halloween movie watched last night. Given that we were having something 105°F heat indexes this weekend, though, this old doodle seems apt enough.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's autumn pet safety tip is about none other than snakes. Depending on your location and the types of snakes, it might be baby snake season, or it might be the time when snakes are prepping for hibernation. In such cases, more snakes might very well be out and about and therefore pose a risk to furbabies and humans alike. Of course, not all snakes are dangerous. However, some snakes could indeed pose a risk or could be venomous. The types of snakes that are around of course depend on the area in which you live. So, it might be wise to a bit of research on the types of snakes in your area, and to also research which ones are dangerous to animals and humans. All in all, though, if in doubt, monitor your furbaby when they are outside to ensure that they don't run into any snaky danger. If you do see a snake, remove your kitty or pup from the area, especially if you know the snake is dangerous, but also if you are unsure of the risks it might pose. If your cat or dog is bit by a snake, do not hesitate to seek veterinary care to help ensure that no toxic reaction or infection results.

3 comments:

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

So sweet! Water woes are the worst :(

pilch92 said...

Sorry about the water troubles, that stinks. Cute shots of Tonks and Evan. Nice drawing and great tips. XO

messymimi said...

Gracious, how I dislike plumbing problems! I hope yours are solved.

Evan and Tonks, you are both most precious.