Friday, September 25, 2026

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Cat-o'-Lantern Photo Fails

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're here and ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I am glad I live near _________.

2. I am glad I don't live near _________.

3. I didn't _________ until I was _________. 

4. _________ made me truly laugh.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I am glad I live near our regular vet as well as a 24/7 emergency vet.
(I can get to my kitties' regular vet in about 5 minutes, and in only about 10 minutes I can get to our local emergency vet. Said emergency vet is at the veterinary teaching hospital at our local university. I'll admit the emergency vet is not my favorite clinic, for a variety of reasons, but my family has indeed had to use it multiple times over the years, and I am grateful it's there in the event of true emergencies.)

2. I am glad I don't live near a river.
(There's a lovely little creek that runs through my neighborhood, which offers some lovely scenery around the area. I know rivers can offer lovely scenery as well, but I know some people in a neighboring town who live near a river, and because of their proximity to said river, quite a few of them had flooding in their homes after a recent rainstorm. One of my co-workers was affected by this, and even just an inch of water getting into his basement has cost weeks and thousands of dollars of repairs. Rivers are a wonderful thing, but I'll stick to just living near my neighborhood creek, as it's never flooded enough to affect anyone's home.)

3. I didn't move out of my parents' house until I was 26 years old.
(I lived with my parents all through college, as I went to the university in my hometown. Living with my parents rather than on campus saved me tons of money, and then my parents allowed me to continue living with them for a few more years as I worked my first jobs out of college. While I paid toward some of the resources and food I was using at their house, I was largely able to save up some money, which allowed me to buy a house 3 days before my 26th birthday. I moved into it a month later, as right after I bought it my angel Rosie started doing poorly, and so I didn't officially move into my new house until after she had passed.)

4. Tonks recently hunting a moth made me truly laugh.
(My front porchlight is like the beacon for all moths on our street. There are sometimes dozens of moths there, and it's impossible to get into my house when it's nighttime without a moth getting in, or sometimes 5 or 6 getting in. I try to catch them and put them back outside, as I don't really want them to fall victim to my kitties. And by kitties I mean Tonks, who is my tuny but mighty hunter. The other night, Tonks and I were battling over who could reach a particular moth first. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at her antics, because she was parkouring and doing all sorts of crazy moves to get to this moth before I did. Sadly for the moth, Tonks won.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Now, it's time for the Pet Photo Fails Blog Hop, hosted by none other than Melissa and Mudpie of Melissa's Mochas, Mysteries, & Meows.


Eddy found out that yesterday Thimble shared some flashbacks of her hanging out with their beloved cat-o'-lantern. Eddy wanted to the do the same, but, she also wanted to share some photo fails. So, here are some outtakes from a few years ago, when Eddy decided to do anything but properly pose with the cat-o'-lantern.



Just like the first photo Thimble shared yesterday, these were taken when the cat-o'-lantern was new and bright and had sustained little to no abuse. Those days are long gone.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Today's disaster preparedness tip is actually instead related to what might occur after a disaster. Just as with humans, cats and dog might show signs of anxiety or other behavioral changes after going through something frightening or tragic. Especially if they are taken away from their home, separated from family even briefly, or in any other way experience a change in their familiar routine, a cat or dog might start displaying behavioral changes. After a disaster or emergency, even after you find yourself safe, always keep a close eye on your furbaby. They may begin showing signs of separation anxiety, or even uncharacteristic aggression. If you do notice any such signs, do not hesitate to discuss the issue with a veterinarian. Products such as calming synthetic pheromones might help an anxious furbaby, but sometimes more potent medications or treatments might be required to help them cope with their post-traumatic stress. Therefore, always keep a close eye on your kitty or pup, especially after they experience any emergency situation, and do not hesitate to seek professional assistance if they begin displaying any concerning behavioral or health issues.

2 comments:

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. Your parents sound wonderful, but I knew that already. My niece lived here when she was in college and one year after. She could have stayed longer, but her boyfriend's family was pushing him out so they got an apartment. You are lucky to have an emergency vet so close. Our closest is about 40 minutes. Eddy did a good job hiding from the camera. Nice drawing and excellent tips. XO

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. Of course, Eddy looks cute as always even if she's not much interested in the cat-o-lantern.