Friday, September 4, 2026

Friendly Fill-Ins and Curmudgeonly Eddy in Her Chair

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're here and ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.

1. Never have I ever _________.

2. My September to-do list includes _________ and ________.

3. I wouldn't mind hosting a _________ party.

4. I'm always curious about other people's ________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Never have I ever been to Disney World or Disney Land.
(I'm more than fine with this fact, and it'll stay this way. I did grow up in the 90s and watched almost every single original, animated Disney movie. What Disney has become today, though, is not my thing.)

2. My September to-do list includes decorating for Halloween and finishing lots of new Halloween drawings.
(I'll be starting to decorate my house for Halloween this weekend. My sister is in the process of moving out of my house, but don't worry because she's just moving to an available house across the street and so she and her kitties will still be close. All that to say, my home is a bit chaotic right now and so I won't be able to finish decorating the whole house until that's all settled. But, I can at least decorate parts of the house for Halloween, and that'll make it really feel like spooky season. What also will make it feel like spooky season is scribbling up new Halloween doodles. I have 5 said drawings already outlined and ready to color in with my markers, and just today I got an idea for another series of Halloween doodles. I still have a dozen or more new doodles from the past few months I haven't yet scanned or shared, but at this point they might have to wait until after the holidays to see the light of day because I'm far too excited to start sharing new Halloween, autumnal, and then Christmas doodles.)

3. I wouldn't mind hosting a small Halloween party.
(I'm not big on parties or other gatherings, or too much hullabaloo or socializing in general. But, as for a low-key, quiet Halloween party that mostly involves eating lots of sugar and watching spooky, kooky movies, I'd be more than fine with that. In truth, I already sort of do that every Halloween night with my parents and sister. I always get my parents and sister some of their favorite candies, and I make spooky cupcakes and sometimes other freakishly festive baked goods, and then we watch Halloween and other movies at my house. I look forward to it every year.)

4. I'm always curious about other people's book and music preferences.
(I had a couple of ideas on what to put for this one. For example, I like knowing if someone shares their life with any animals. I often get annoyed if I find out someone doesn't like animals, though, so I decided to veer away from that and use the above answer instead. And truly, as an avid reader and picky song listener myself, I do often wonder what others like to read and listen to. That information might not tell you everything about a person, but I think it can reveal at least a bit about them.)

Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.


***

Who's ready for a Friday Eddy fix? We know you all are. So, today, Eddy wanted to show off how she loves lounging in her favorite chair.

I had only placed that blanket there momentarily before taking it to its rightful place, but Eddy claimed it as hers and so now it just stays in her chair in a messy heap like that. At least until she pukes on it, which is her favorite way of telling me she wants a new blanket on her chair.

Oh, and in this next picture, can you tell that Eddy was getting exceedingly annoyed with me taking her photo?


Eddy truly does not like having her photo taken, but I refuse to have no memories of my sweet and sassy girl. So, she usually gives me a few seconds to snap a couple shots, and my goal is always to finish taking her pic before she gets up to escape the camera. I succeeded at that with this photo shoot, and Eddy resumed her nap when I was done annoying her. And don't worry, she got some treats and kisses for her cooperation.

Eddy hopes all of her kitty friends out there have way less annoying humans than she has!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

The leaves here have of course not even started to change colors whatsoever. Even so, since I'm eager for autumn and Halloween, and since I'm decorating my house for Halloween this weekend, this flashback doodle felt accurate enough for today.


***
Tip of the Day

As part of our autumn series of pet safety tips, we recently mentioned keeping school supplies out of your furbaby's reach. In addition to this, there are further potential dangers that might pose a risk especially as the weather cools. One such hazard is, as you all certainly know, antifreeze. Without going into the chemistry of it, coolants such as antifreeze contain components that are highly toxic to cats and dogs. It also can smell or taste sweet and enticing to our furbabies, mostly dogs, making it all the more dangerous. For such reasons, try to avoid all emergencies by simply keeping antifreeze, and other similar products, hidden away where your cats and dogs cannot reach.

We'll also mention one more toxic group of products that is often more commonly used once the weather cools. We're referring to rodenticides. When the temperatures outside start to lower, critters like mice might very well try to find ways to enter our homes in order to find warmth. This might result in some people using rodenticides. However, these products can be highly toxic to our furbabies. Not only is it dangerous if a cat or dog finds and ingests the chemical itself, but they can also become sick if they ingest a rodent that has eaten the rodenticide. All of that being said, it is likely best to avoid using rodenticides altogether, to ensure that your furbaby is not affected by them at all. Of course, keep in mind that snapping mice traps can also pose a risk, especially if they contain  enticing cheese or peanut butter and are somewhere that your furbaby can potentially access. One safer option is to look into using humane mouse traps, such as catch-and-release types. Of course, it is still wise to place these somewhere hidden away to avoid complications with your furbaby.

As lovely as autumn is, it can still pose risks to our kitties and pups. As the seasons change, think of any and all new products that you might be using. Then, consider how such products might affect your furbaby and their health, and then only use and store them in manners that keep your furbaby safe.

No comments: