Friday, February 10, 2017

Fill-Ins and Feline Management

Guess what day of the week it is? Friday! And do you know what that means? The Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by the fabulous 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader!


As always, our hosts came up with some fun and fantastic fill-ins:

1. My favorite kind of cookie is _________.
2. _________ would play me in a movie about my life.
3. Love is _________.
4. For Valentine's Day, I _________.

And, as always, I did my best to do these proud. I'll let you all be the judges of that, though.

1. My favorite kind of cookie is peanut butter!
(I love me some peanut butter, and I love me some cookie. That being said, I mentioned a week or two ago how my doctor currently has me on a restrictive diet due to some pending digestive diagnoses. No biggie and nothing to lose sleep over. This restrictive diet does cut out a lot of common foods and ingredients, though, which includes a vast majority of baked goods and the like. But, fear not, because you wouldn't believe the stuff you can still make, even without flour and milk and the like. My mom found a peanut butter cookie recipe that I can actually make, and eat, and I did a little happy dance. So what that I have to blend up my own peanut butter to make the cookies? It's totally worth it!)

2. An unknown would play me in a movie about my life.
(I won't even lie, I am not Hollywood's #1 fan. I do love me some movies and entertainment, but many of the so-called A-listers these days sort of rub me the wrong way. So, I think the best thing would be to just grab an unknown actress – maybe even just pull someone off the street? – and have her learn the lines of my life story. Besides, I often feel like I'm just winging it over here, so perhaps it's best for the movie of my life to be the same way.)

3. Love is patient, love is kind.
(I was tempted to use the quote, "Love is a four-legged word." But, since I used that for another fill-in just a couple weeks ago, I figured I'd vary it up. So, I chose this verse, from 1 Corinthians 13:4. My parents used this at their wedding, and I grew up in a home where this saying literally hung on the wall. I've always been fond of it and its wisdom.)

4. For Valentine's Day, I like to hand out little goodies to my furbabies and family.
(I do not have a humanoid significant other, something which I have never sought or felt all that compelled to seek in life. That's not to say that I'm not happy for all those happy couples out there, though! I myself simply reached adulthood, started doing my own thing, and honestly enjoy it that way. I do have some great parents and a sister, and of course super loving furbabies, and since Valentine's Day is a day for showing our love, I like to fatten them all up with sweets and other goodies.)


Can you guess what's up next on this fantastic Friday? The answer is, of course, Eddy!


This active girl was all about the hands-on paws-on help this week.


What a great IT department I have here. There's nothing that a little swatty paws and keyboard surfing can't fix. Right, Eddy?


And she's off. I guess her job here is done.

Although Eddy may do great in IT, she asked that today's art show her in her real habitat. In other words, she requested this:


I bet many of our furiends hold a management position in their household, too, right?

Happy Friday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Maintaining gadgets around the furbabies in your life can be a bit tricky sometimes. There are some ways to help protect both the gadgets and the furbabies, but keep in mind that each furbaby of course acts differently, and so finding solutions that work might take some trial and error. First things first, always try to keep all cords away from furbabies. When possible, tuck cords away where your furbabies cannot reach them. Another option is to wrap them in something safe, such as some sort of tubing that your kitty or pup cannot penetrate. Also be sure to keep all drinks away from your computer, lest any kitties or pups knock them over and do any damage to themselves or the gadget. And don't forget that, like our clothes, computers are not immune to pet hair! To prevent overheating, fires, and other similar dangers, be sure to sweep out computer fans and other devices so that your kitty's or pup's hair does not accumulate there. Of course, it never hurts to start training your furbabies about what is off limits, and that can include the household gadgetry. When doing so, try giving your furbabies toys, treats, and snoozing spots of their very own, to entice them away from the gadgets. It is possible for furbabies and gadgets to coexist, but it may very well take some patience and practice.

10 comments:

Marg said...

Eddy, you are such a busy gal and just on the go at all times. That sure is a great drawing of you just sure you are number 1. You all have a great day.

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You are a great IT Tech, Eddy. We like to help with that at our house, too

pilch92 said...

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, I loved all your answers. I am glad you can still indulge in peanut butter, I am going to make the peanut butter cookies with kisses on them this weekend. I almost had the same answer for love, my Mom used to have a poster of that on the dining room wall.
Eddy is so funny, she gives you lots of photos to share on blooper day. Her drawing is cute. Excellent tip, when I had my last computer worked on, it was filled with cat fur :) Have a nice weekend!

Annie Bear said...

I got a real kick out of Eddy's artwork. It's so fitting and very adorable.

I wish I would have thought of your answer for my answer to #2. I'm not a fan of Hollywood either, not by a long shot. I chose the same answer to #3. I love your sweet answer to #4. I have my grandma's recipe for peanut butter cookies that have no flour. They're almost like baked peanut butter. I haven't made them in a long time. I too love peanut butter cookies. I remember my Blackberry stopped working and it was due to cat fur (this was years ago).

Anonymous said...

I love visiting you. You always make me smile. I agree regarding Hollywood. I like early silver screen, like Bette Davis, Spencer Tracy, Bogie & Cagney...you know when acting was good entertainment. Now, we have created Frankensteins who think they can speak for us. *sigh* As always, I love your answers...and agree. HUGS!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Looks like she checked in to make sure you were staying on track and then went on to more important cat stuff :) Could not agree with you more on #2...so, so true.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

OK, we dont unnerstand loving peanut butter. That is Evil Skwerl bait here. But, um, mebbe we should try a fingertip of it...

Cathy Kennedy said...

Menagerie Mom, first up let me say your blog header is just adorable! You do art is fabulous! I'd hate to be on a restrictive diet. I'm sure I'd curl up and die. Okay, maybe I wouldn't but I'm sure that's the way I'd feel. :) Love is patient, Love is kind is beautiful. I have a plague with the verses found in 1 Corinthians. Thanks for sharing your fill-ins. It was a delight to read them. Have a purrfect weekend and I'll see ya around!

Kitties Blue said...

Poor Mom has eight bosses, and most of us enjoy helping out as well. Keyboard surfing is by far one of our favorite "jobs." The final photo cracked us up. Good catch! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

The Island Cats said...

Eddy was a huge help, we see. ;) The mom loves peanutbutter cookies too!