Friday, February 24, 2017

Fill-Ins and Snooze Fests

Who here is ready for  Friday? We sure are! What's more, we're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by the wonderful 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.


This week our hosts gave us these fun fill-ins:

1. I wish _________ would come back in style.
2. I always have _________ in my purse.
3. I think that I _________.
4. _________ is a pet peeve of mine.

I really had to think on these, and here's where that got me:

1. I wish hair scrunchies would come back in style.
(You know, those cute cloth things that tie back your hair? These days just those plain old hair ties are in style, it seems. But I remember when I was a kid how much I loved picking out new scrunchies. I had so many different colors, prints, some of them with fun little buttons or embroidered designs. I miss picking out scrunchies.)

2. I always have lip balm in my purse.
(I keep lip balm in my purse not only because I can't stand the feeling of chapped lips, but also because that seems to be the only place I can tuck it away without Eddy finding it and running off to stash it beneath the couch.)

3. I think that I was meant for an earlier era.
(As I do my best to deal with today's technology and overall advances, I realize that I think I was a bit postdated. What's more, I love watching shows and movies set in simpler times, such as those set during the Victorian era, and even the days of the pioneers. I know that life was far more difficult back then, but sometimes I crave a bit more simplicity in my days. That being said, I really wouldn't change my current life for anything.)

4. Rudeness is a pet peeve of mine.
(This is more than just a pet peeve, to be honest. I really just don't like rudeness. I can't stand seeing people lose their patience and get snarky, people becoming rude and callous to workers at stores or to an elder, people cutting in line, people demeaning another person or an animal, and all that rude jazz.)


And now, of course, we have for you an Eddy fix! This active little lady recently took a break from bouncing off of walls and attacking her big brother's legs in order to grab a snooze, and this human of a mom took advantage of that.



I know, those two shots are almost identical. But Eddy actually really was sitting still, yet I was still so proud of having obtained not one but two shots of her in one sitting. Then I reined myself in and let her snooze on.

Speaking of sleepy time, does this ever happen to anyone else?


Happy Friday!



***
Our Tip of the Day:
Though you never want to startle them or make napping a feared event, keep in mind that a relaxed and resting furbaby often makes for a more amenable one. If your furbaby is in need of a nail trim, for example, try doing so when they are in a snoozie and therefore calm mood. The same can be said for brushing them, brushing their teeth, and even perhaps administering medication, including if they need to be pilled, need medication in their ears, or require subcutaneous fluids. With this in mind, take note of when your furbaby is most likely to nap, and where, and be prepared. If they like to snooze on your nap during evening TV time, for example, perhaps keep a nail trimmer or their medication near to you then. If bedtime is their most relaxed time, then keep nail trimmers and such in your bedside table. And don't forget that nap time is also, of course, a good chance to grab photos of furbabies that are otherwise usually active. This all being said, if your furbaby begins to grow uncomfortable or fidgety during nap time treatments, that might be a good time to call it quits for the time being. Though a snoozing furbaby is indeed easier to work with, you wouldn't want your furbaby to become wary of resting and relaxing around you.

13 comments:

Marg said...

So glad we got to see you being still Eddy. Those are some great shots. Love the drawing too. Looks like our bed with five more cats. Have a great day.

pilch92 said...

Thank you for those excellent answers to the fill-ins. I agree that many people are very rude these days. That is funny that Eddy likes your lip balm :) She is a lot of fun. Great photos of her actually being still. I love the drawing, that happens around here all the time. That is an excellent tip too. It reminded me of how my niece trims her 15 month old's nails when she falls asleep in her car seat.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Love the shots of Eddy ... she's beautiful. I was not a fan of scrunchies ... they never held tight enough like a regular hair band - but I completely agree with the other three answers. I still have a "dumb" phone ... and I've never used it to text or to get on the internet. I'm hopelessly outdated. And I can't stand dry lips either. As for rudeness ... it costs so very little to be kind and usually means so much to the recipient, so there's just no excuse for being rude :)

da tabbies o trout towne said...

wavez two ewe eddy & crew....once again, 984 paws UP two yur mom for her total lee awesum cartoon....we keep sayin her kneadz ta get a store !!! hope everee one haza grate FRYday & heerz two an european perch kinda week oh end ~~~~~ ♥♥♥

Lone Star Cats said...

Cute pics Eddy!

Colehaus Cats said...

GREAT fill-ins! Especially, the rudeness one! Totally agree! Sweet Eddy photos. And thanks for the clip tip, though we always have to wrap a kitty burrito-style, regardless of when the time comes.

The Swiss Cats said...

Great answers ! And such sweet photos ! Purrs

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Those are lovely photos of Eddy. I agree with you about rudeness. There is no excuse for it.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers and beautiful pictures! Totally agree with you on #3. I can't imagine life without our modern technology, but I long for a simpler time. I would love to plant myself right in the middle of Little House on the Prairie or Dr.Quinn.

Annie Bear said...

I am also never without lip balm. It's such a funny thought to picture Eddy running off with yours and stashing it away. Yes, yes, yes to simpler times! I really agree. I am so with you on #4. Rudeness is awful. I appreciate niceness so much.

Pierrot doesn't like to be combed, but when he's napping, he's relaxed and will tolerate it for quite a while. Same with nail trimming.

Kitties Blue said...

Love all your completions today. Our mom used to think she was meant for an earlier era as well...a kinder and gentler time. She and Dad have been watching the Queen Victoria series on Masterpiece, and she's read everything Jane Austen ever wrote. But she knows if she had lived prior to the 20th and 21st centuries that at her age she'd probably already be dead. And she says she still has too much to do for that to happen any time soon. Bet you feel the same way! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

re: sleepy time.. absolutely.. and that is absolutely adorable!

Anonymous said...

I think you are an old soul, like me. Now, I am an old body, too...but, my soul is still older. (Sorry I am late, I could get an excuse/note from my vet.) HUGS!