What's more, Friday means it's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, hosted by our good furiends over at 15andmeowing and McGuffy's Reader.
I love this kind of challenge, because it really gets your mind thinking. What's more, it allows us all to get to know each a little better.
This week, we were given the following statements to fill in:
- Whatever happened to _________?
- I always _________ on Memorial Day (or your country’s equivalent).
- I used to wish ________, but _________.
- I just cannot _________, no matter _________.
- Whatever happened to enjoying the simple things in life? (Even as a child back in the nineties, my type of fun was covering every inch of the driveway in chalk murals, catching fireflies, rolling down hills on a nice summer evening, reading good ol' books for hours, filling up a coloring book from cover to cover, and building cities out of Legos. I actually feel a bit saddened when I watch kids and even adults these days, seemingly always too busy to do anything but stare down at the screen of whatever device they're holding at the time. I know times are changing, but can't we still take time to enjoy the simpler things in life?)
- I always have a cookout with my family on Memorial Day. (I know, what a cliche. But, I wouldn't have it any other way.)
- I used to wish that I'd grow up to be a veterinarian, but after working as a veterinary assistant I changed my mind. (I love animals, so what else better to aspire to be than a veterinarian? That's what I thought all the way into my teenage years. Then, right out of college, I worked as a veterinary assistant for nearly 3 years. Although I very much loved helping animals, I had to be honest with myself - watching furbabies face sickness and sometimes even death on a daily basis was wearing me down. And so, I left that environment and now strive to help animals in other ways.)
- I just cannot bring myself to enjoy a cup of coffee, no matter how it's made. (I can't stand the taste of coffee, especially the bitter aftertaste. I feel like I've tried it every way possible, even mixed with some of my favorite things - chocolate, caramel, mint, lots and lots and lots of sugar. But, no matter what, I can't bring myself to enjoy that taste.)
Sitting still is so overrated.
I give up.
My furbabies and I want to wish everybuddy a wonderful Friday!
***Our Tip of the Day:
Allergy season is upon us, so I've decided to dedicate a couple of tips on how our furbabies can be affected by allergies. Today, first and foremost, I'll focus on some examples of symptoms you might see if your furbaby suffers from seasonal allergies. Keep an eye out for red and itchy skin or eyes, discharge or excess moisture from the eyes, sneezing, excess scratching or licking (especially of the ears, face, and feet), and snoring or other abnormal respiratory sounds or signs. As I'm sure many of us know firsthand, allergies can make you feel under the weather and uncomfortable. Therefore, if you see your furbaby manifesting any of the aforementioned symptoms, or any other concerning signs this time of year, it might be time to have a discussion with your veterinarian.