Friday, September 28, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins and Photo Fails

Happy Friday, friends! Are you ready to fill in the Friendly Fill-Ins? In case you missed them yesterday, I'll share them again now. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. A _________ will _________.

2. The best time of the day is _________.

3. _________ is not my strong suit.

4. It's all fun and games until _________.


I filled these in myself, of course. My answers are very cat-centric today. I'm thinking most of you won't mind.

1. A cat will do as he or she pleases.
(Of course, in some cases, a kitty can be trained and all that jazz. But, let's be honest, who really rules the house? The cat. The cat rules the house. Where I live, 6 cats rule the house.)

2. The best time of the day is early morning.
(Sometimes I feel like I'm in a minority here, but I just love being up bright and early, when the rest of the world is still sleeping. The house is quiet, the neighborhood is quiet, the world is quiet. There is something so serene about that. Well, it's the sort of serene where you're also getting harassed by 6 hungry cats for being too slow to fill their bowls, but such is life.)

3. Saying no to my cats is not my strong suit.
(There's a reason Thimble got told by her vet that she needs to lose a pound. I'm that reason. She begs for the only treat she likes, that being baby food, and I literally cannot say no to her face. My sister says I have no resolve when it comes to Thimble. She is correct.)

4. It's all fun and games until you forget to feed the cat.
(Need I say more? EDIT: I should add that this doesn't happen often, but it did indeed happen the other night. This here hermit of a homebody had a rare evening out recently, and I forgot to fill the kitties' bowls before I left. When I got home, I was nearly eaten alive. I deserved it.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Today is the day for bloopers. In other words, it's time for the Pet Photo Fails! Blog Hop, hosted by The Cuddlywumps Cat Chronicles.


Thank goodness these blooper reels occur on Fridays, because that's when Eddy gets to star on the blog. And if anyone can snap a blooper shot, it's Eddy. See?



We hope you all have a Friday as fun and frenzied as ours!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:

Since September is Animal Pain Awareness Month, we'll be finishing out the month with a short series of tips on this topic. Today's tip relates to how our furbabies might let us know they are in pain. This can be a bit difficult sometimes, as cats and even dogs can be very good at hiding pain. This is why we must be very observant of our furbabies on a regular basis, in order to know when they aren't acting themselves.

The symptoms of pain in our furbabies can vary greatly, depending on the source of the pain, as well as the individual animal. You might see decreased activity level, or even a decrease in your cat or dog's appetite. Another potential sign is an altered gait, or an unwillingness or inability to move or jump. A cat in pain might avoid or miss the litter box, and a dog in pain might have accidents inside the house. Aggression and hiding are yet more potential signs that your kitty or pup is in pain. The list of signs and symptoms of pain in animals could go on and on. This is why it's imperative that you know your kitty or pup's norm, and that you make frequent observations of their activities and behavior in order to catch when anything is out of the norm. Altered activity or behavior could mean any number of things, pain being one possibility.

21 comments:

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Is it possible to forget to feed the cat? We only have four, plus one dog who thinks she is a cat, and they won't let us forget, lol. Have a blessed week.

Suzanne McClendon said...

The cats and the dog - and the mosquitoes - rule around here.

I am a night owl and don't mind being up bright and early if I haven't yet gone to bed. But, once I do go to sleep, I don't want to have to get up bright and early. It is peaceful around before the rest of the world wakes up and starts all the noise.

It is difficult to say no to babies, furry or otherwise. :)

I love Eddy's fangs. :) Our oldest daughter wants to know what kind of cat Eddy is. Her response when she saw Eddy on my screen was "AWWWWWWWWW, what kind of cat is she?"

That is a beautiful pumpkin patch doodle.

Have a blessed weekend!

Carry Loves Cats said...

Great answers! But how do you forget to feed the cats? Don't they remind you?!
Love McLaren & Laser. x

Pam and Teddy said...

Super duper fill-ins......My Mom has a similar weakness to yours with Thimble - all I have to do is give Mom THE LOOK and my food bowl has more added. As for those bloopers - we happen to think they are ADORABLE - especially the first one!! Eddy is always interesting but never "blooper-ish" !!

Hugs, Teddy

Marg said...

Your fill-ins are terrific. I like to get up early too. Love all the pumpkins of different colors. Eddy, great pictures of you. Too funny.

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. My cats don't know the meaning of the word no. LOL Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth said...

I like the morning too. :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Lorraine,

You be Ellen's shadow with all those kitties under your roof. lol How do you forget to feed that many cats is what I'd like to know. :D I bet you can't go in a room in your home without spying right, right? After all you pointed out that they rule the house, right? lol

DH had to work today, so I am able to do a little blog hopping. I didn't get to put up today's fill-ins. I enjoyed reading your responses, though. It's great that you have so much love for your furbabies. I admit if I could I'd love to have lots of cute kittens. They are so much fun to watch when they play together but kittens grow up to be cats and then much of the entertainment is gone. It's kind of like kids, they are adorable when they are small and then they turn into teenagers and it's not until they are adults with their own children do you experience that same kind fun all over again. lol I wouldn't change anything about being a mom. I'm just goofing around here. Have a furtastic weekend, my friend. OH yeah, cute doodle!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great answers, pics and doodle!

There is definitely something special and serene about the early hours of the morning. I can write better at that time because it's so quiet and hardly any humans around to interrupt or distract me. Even human thoughts annoy me. As for Athena she tends to remain quiet after I've fed her :)

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Katie and The Katz said...

oh Eddie those are great blooper shots!! We sure miss stopping by to see you all - the Mom haz been soo tired and working hard fur months and munths...

Here am our fill-ins in the commints:

1. A little kitten will climb in Mom’s lap and purr and stuffs then hims litter mates will climb in too! (that happened today… Giselle’s kittens love the Mom.. Giseelle is our newest foster mama kitty with 4 kittens.)
2. The best time of the day is breakfast!!! but first I haz to wakes the Mom by licking her face.
3. Patience with trying to get Mom to wake up in morning is not my strong suit.
4. It’s all fun and games until an earthquake shakes the house and we hide under the bed
-Chiquita, good thing no earthquakes lately… :-D

Katie and The Katz said...

oops we misspelled Eddy... we loves you. <3

Eastside Cats said...

Look at those pumpkin doodles...purple and pink and such! I missed Photo Fails today, but I've got buckets of them!

pilch92 said...

Great answers to the fill-ins, all feline works for me :) That is funny that you managed to forget to feed them, although I doubt they thought so. I forgot about bloopers, but will do them tomorrow. Eddy is the blooper Queen. I love your drawing with those pretty colored pumpkins. Great tips too, it is tough to tell when a kitty is in pain. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Thanks for sharing the your great fill-in answers. We love to be up really early too. We just feel better with knowing we have a whole day to do stuff. It's very hard to say no to a cat. Eddy is looking wonderful in the photo fail. Always love your doodles that you share. Have a great upcoming weekend.
World of Animals

Sandee said...

One is ever so true.

Yes morning is my favorite time too.

I'm a pushover too. They get what they want even if they don't need it.

You don't feed the kitties they will let you know and loudly.

Have a purrfect day and weekend. ♥

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Great bloopers Eddy!

Anita Aurit said...

Oh yes, we say a hearty MEOW to #1. Silly Humans think they are in charge when actually, we felines have them very well trained!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Oliver & The Tribe of Five at Feline Opines

messymimi said...

Eddy is beautiful no matter what. And we have a cat that pees on stuff if you let his food bowl get empty, so yes, we are well trained.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers! Favorite time of the day is the one way we differ from each other...I'm a total night owl and think anything before 10AM is too early :)

Cathy Keisha said...

Wait, is Eddy eating the cat tree? I thought you said you only forgot to feed them once. Heh heh. TW feels the same way about early morning but for her it's 2 a.m. when all is quiet and she hasn't beed to bed yet.

Anonymous said...

We love your fill ins. Mom says her answers are pretty much the same and I gotta say the photos of Eddy are pretty cool - even if they are blurry. And last but not least, Mom loves the pastel pumpkins!
Purrs
Marv