Friday, September 14, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday, friends! So, who's ready to fill in some fill-ins? After all, it is the day of the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge! In case you missed them yesterday, I'll share the fill-ins again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. Being _________ is _________.

2. If _________ were worth money, then I would be rich.

3. I am proud of _________.

4. If I could time travel, I would visit the year _________.


Here's I how I filled in those fill-ins:

1. Being yourself is the best option.
(One of my favorite quotes is Oscar Wilde's, "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." I think those are some of the wisest words I've ever heard.)

2. If dust bunnies were worth money, then I would be rich.
(Sometimes I come home from work, look at the floor, and wonder, "Did my cats spontaneously combust while I was gone today?" Honestly, I can vacuum, and by the time I put the vacuum away there are hairballs and dust bunnies galore parading through the home. Then again, I'm thinking I'm not the only one this happens to. If only I could cash in those furry tumbleweeds.)

3. I am proud of my mancat Evan.
(Of course, I am proud of all of my furbabies. But, it truly does fill me with great pride when I see my hind limb paralyzed Evan conquer his own little world without hesitation. I wish I had his willpower and determination.)

4. If I could time travel, I would visit the year 1993.
(This was the year my angel Rosie and her angel brother Sammy were born, as well as the year my family adopted them. Though on one hand I think it would make me feel melancholy, I also think I would find great joy in going back to that time, when I was 4 years old, and fall in love with those kitties for the first time all over again.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Ready for your weekly fix of Eddy? Well, you're in luck! Here a couple more miraculously non-blurry shot of lady cat Eddy.



Just in case any of you are new visitors and are not aware, or perhaps simply don't remember, Eddy has facial nerve paralysis on the right side, which results in her constant state of adorable snaggletooth. Yes, indeed, her cute little canine tooth always hangs out on the right side.

When I adopted 10-week-old Eddy, the rescue group informed me that she had suffered some sort of mysterious neurological flare that resulted in a head tilt, facial nerve paralysis, spinning in circles, and falling to the side when walking. After I adopted her, she slowly recovered. Eddy no longer has any difficulty with mobility (honestly, this girl can run and jump like no other), though she did maintain a head tilt and facial nerve paralysis. She wears those with pride, and they make her even more adorable than she already is.

Have a fabulous Friday, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:





***
Our Tip of the Day:

Today's autumnal tip relates to grooming. As the weather starts to cool in the autumn, your furbaby might begin to grow their winter coat. Especially in double-coated furbabies, such as Persian cats and Husky dogs, you might notice the fur filling out and growing thicker as the weather cools. For this reason, do be sure to help you furbaby groom, such as by brushing them on a daily, or at least nearly daily, basis. If you are unable to groom your cat or dog, and especially if they are prone to mats or hairball issues, then you can consider taking them to a groomer. Some veterinary offices even offer grooming services, so, as needed, you can discuss this with your veterinarian. Regardless of if you do it at home or take your furbaby to a groomer, regularly grooming your kitty or pup can help prevent mats, and can help prevent the ingestion of hairballs, especially in cats. Mats can be uncomfortable and painful, so it's of course ideal to prevent these. It is of course also important to help prevent your furbaby's ingestion of too much hair, not only because this prevents the vomiting of hairballs, but also because, in worst case scenarios, ingestion of too much hair could cause a blockage in the intestinal tract. So, don't forgot about those grooming sessions!

20 comments:

Pam and Teddy said...

Gosh we didn't think about dust bunnies making us rich because FOR SURE that would bring in buckets of cash around here! Mom tries to keep up but even with one cat "stuff happens"....LOL....We agree that Evan is a wondercat - he's his own man and has no idea he's different from any other kitty and in truth he isn't because he loves life PERIOD. Eddy does a great portrait shot - her purrrrsonality shines!

Hugs, Teddy

CMash said...

Great answer for #1. Have a great weekend!

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins! I so identify with #2. Sometimes I think there's enough hair to make a few more cats. Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I loved all your fill-in answers. I know what you mean about the dust bunnies :)
I can see why you are proud of Evan, he is unstoppable and very cute. Eddy is a cutie too, nice non blurry photos. I like the drawing too and excellent tips. Have a wonderful weekend! XO

Eastside Cats said...

I actually had a fur tumbleweed scare the heck out of me this morning! I put down a double sheet of newspaper to use when I scoop the litter boxes, and when I picked up the paper, this big wad of fur came floating up, and made me JUMP! Think the vacuum cleaner is coming out this weekend, but like you've said; it won't make a dent...

The Island Cats said...

The mom says she knows all about those dust bunnies. They seem to multiply like the real ones! We love Eddy's snaggletooth. :)

messymimi said...

We have enough hair around here, also, that it never goes away.

Eddy is beautiful just the way she is!

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

I understand where you are coming from on the dust bunnies. We have the largest shop vac we could find with the biggest motor we could find. It could possibly pull a cat across a room if we were not careful. It has HEPA filter bags and filters on it. Before Martha moved in, we would run it about once a week to clean up dust. Now that Martha and the triplets are moved in, we vacuum up what has to be the equivalent of an adult cat three or four times a day. When we are done and put the vac up, there is more cat hair everywhere. Have a blessed day.

Marg said...

Those are some great fill-ins. Evan is such a lucky cat to have come to live with you. He always looks happy and that is important.Have a great week end.

M. K. Clinton said...

Great fill-ins! Pierre leaves puffs of white hair bunnies that appear as suddenly as I remove them. MOL! Eddy's tooth is indeed adorable. I'm glad the other issues disappeared with your love and care ♥

Crystal And Daisy Mae said...

great friendly fill ins, pictures and doodle. Link is in for friendly fill-ins

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

I love Eddy's snaggle tooth. it is part of her character.

World of Animals, Inc. said...

Lovely fill-in answers. We just cleaned a spot in the office that had a ton of dust bunnies. We hit the jackpot with that one. Love Eddy's wonderful snaggle tooth. Such a handsome kitty. Thanks for the share. Enjoy the weekend.
World of Animals

Anita Aurit said...

Pawsome answers. The Female Human laughed out loud about the dust bunnies. I was inspired by Evan's story. The Tribe of Five has it so easy and Mancat Evan's determination is inspiring! He gets our Paws Up Award!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Oliver

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Hi, Eddy! We met your Mom is far stronger and more determined than she thinks. But I understand admiring one's cat. Bear takes my breath away every day.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Your answer to #2 is so, so true. Your precious babies Evan and Eddy are both pure purrfection.

Elizabeth said...

I like your answer to #1.

Have a great weekend.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

About that 1st one, TBT remembers "Be yourself; no one else wants to be you". Angst was very big back then.

But we kitties say "Be yourself; you are the best there is". We kitties aren't big into angst.

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! We'd really be rich if we could cash in dust bunnies and dust in general. Heh heh.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great fill-ins. Love the photo and doodle!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie