Friday, September 7, 2018

Friendly Fill-Ins

It's time for the Friendly Fill-Ins, folks! In case you missed them yesterday, we'll share the fill-ins again below. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. September is the perfect month for _________.

2. This month, I am looking forward to _________.

3. My morning routine always includes _________.

4. I have a love-hate relationship with _________.


I took a turn myself to fill these in. Here's how I fared:

1. September is the perfect month for getting a head start on Christmas shopping.
(Unless I find something spot-on or have a grand idea, I'm not one of those people who starts Christmas shopping in the first half of the year. But, right around September each year, I will start brainstorming what I want to get my loved ones for Christmas. I am admittedly an Etsy addict, and so I also enjoy purchasing at least some custom gifts. I've learned that if I don't get those ordered early, they very well might not make it under the Christmas tree in time. So, bring on the Christmas shopping!)

2. This month, I am looking forward to cool, crisp weather.
(Autumn is my favorite season. I'm pretty sure I've already said that here on our blog roughly a gazillion times, but I'm saying it again. Usually, by the end of September, we have us some autumn weather. Usually. I'm really hoping and praying for some autumn weather soon. Did you hear that, Mother Nature?)

3. My morning routine always includes feeding the kitties, first and foremost.
(Before I do anything else, I feed the cats. I know my place. And let's be honest, they wouldn't let me do anything else first anyway. I feed my kitties inside, and then I put food out for the strays, ferals, and neighbor cats who like to hang out in my back yard. After that, I clean litter boxes. Then, sometime thereafter, I eat my breakfast.)

4. I have a love-hate relationship with technology.
(This thing called technology certainly has its benefits, but I just don't get along with it very well. I don't like it very much, and it doesn't like me very much, and it's just a real dysfunctional relationship we've got going on.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

You all aren't going to believe me when I tell you this, but Eddy actually sat still for a photo shoot a couple days ago! That's right. I have some non-blurry photos of the ever elusive Eddy girl. This is a very rare thing, and so the photos from this shoot will be shared slowly over the next few weeks. Honestly, I've got to make these photos last, because this magical feat is not likely to occur until the next blue moon.

Anyway, are you ready to see some miraculously non-blurry Eddy? Well, are you? Here you go!


Okay, so I cut her ear off in this one. But she sat still, and I'll take that in exchange for one lost ear.

Happy Friday, friends!




***
Our Doodle of the Day:

Well, I can't fight it anymore. I'm officially in the mood to draw all sorts of autumnal doodles. Yesterday, it even almost, very slightly, felt like autumn outside. We had some rain, after which it finally cooled down below 90°F.




***
Our Tip of the Day:

Today's autumn pet safety tip is perhaps a bit random, but it's still in line with our autumnal series. And what is this tip? It's to keep in mind that we're in the middle of grape season. As most of you know, grapes are toxic to cats and dogs. We're sure some of you also know that, in the Northern Hemisphere, grape season typically ranges from August through October. This is something of which to especially be aware if you live in or near vineyard territory. If you live in such areas, do be sure to keep an eye on your kitties or pups during walks or other outdoor activities. As for those who don't live in grape country, and also for those who do live in grape country, be sure to never feed your furbabies grapes or raisins!

24 comments:

messymimi said...

To err is human, but to really foul things up requires technology. Or, as Douglas Adams of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy said, “We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works.”

Great doodle, great Pic of Eddy, and you are so right about keeping grapes away especially from the dogs. They have a tendency to gobble anything that hits the floor by accident.

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh Eddy that's a super duper close-up and how nice of you to cooperate with your human to take a bunch of photos of you! September is a favorite month here too - we hope the weather that we NORMALLY have will arrive soon - cooler would be nice. The doodle is one that I can totally identify with since I am one for puddles and rain and even (gulp) some mud!!!!! Have a super Friday.

Hugs, Teddy

Elizabeth said...

Oh no on Christmas shopping...this year is going too fast.

I like your love-hate relationship choice, but I DO LOVE my technology. :)

Cathy Kennedy said...

Lorraine,

I used to shop year-round for Christmas always with an eagle eye for special deals but in recent years not-so-much of that going on with me. I really do need to get in that mindset, though. The hardest people to buy for on our list were DH's parents but his dad joined his mother in heaven in March, so they will have the best Christmas together this year. :) Your relationship with technology made me smile. Our 30-year old daughter is technical dysfunctional which absolutely blows my mind because of anyone should be the most adaptable to the latest and greatest is the younger generation, right? However in this case, she got left behind somehow. DH & I often say she inherited the lack of technology know-how from her mamaw (DH's mother). She certainly is a dead ringer for her in looks. :)

Your doodle is adorable, autumn sketch! I feel inspired to create my own. :) I assume you use a computer or mobile device to illustrate your work. What program do you use?

Thanks for hosting the Friday fun and have a pAwesome weekend, my friend!

CMash said...

Good for you for getting a jump on Christmas shopping! Have a great weekend.

The Menagerie Mom said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words! I am so technologically unsavvy that I don't even know how to use technological programs to create art. I'm an old-fashioned doodler who uses pen and paper. I use Faber-Castell pens to create the outlines, and then color them in with Winsor & Newton ProMarkers. Thank you again for your lovely visit here!

Marg said...

We like your picture Eddy and your tooth is looking good. The pumpkins are great and it won't be long now until Halloween. Have a great day.

Yvonne said...

We have the same answers for #2 and #3. Of course feeding kitties come first. Like they'd have it any other way? Hope you have a great weekend!

World of Animals, Inc. said...

We love the friendly fill in answers. We also cannot wait until this hot and humid weather is done and over with. Your doodle is probably right. We are going to have summer like weather around Halloween time. Thank you Eddy for staying still for a photo. You look amazing with your tooth. Have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
World of Animals

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, so cute! The first thing I do every morning is police the litter boxes, while The Hubby gets the food for cats and humans ready. Cute doodle!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Oh boy, Christmas shopping! I hope we get our tree up soon!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Great pics and answers. Definitely agree with you on Autumn being the best season!

Purrs xx
Athena and Marie

Cathy Keisha said...

You look lovely Eddy! Thanks for hosting the Fill-Ins! We'd love the Christmas shop early but have no place to store what we buy. We know our priorities and do have some things for the Secret Paws. MOL!

violaetcetera said...

Wow, Eddy, you are a handsome mandatory if you keep still for a photo!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Lovely photo of Eddy.

Anita Aurit said...

Two paws up for your #3. Every human should be so responsible!
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Jasmine & The Tribe of Five at Feline Opines

pilch92 said...

Great fill-ins. You are such a good mom to your furbabies. I need my coffee even before the kitties eat, shame on me. Good idea to start Christmas shopping, I need to start thinking of that too. Very cute photo of Eddy. And I love the drawing too. We have lots of concord grapes, but never give to the kitties. Have a nice weekend. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Great answers, especially #1!!! Getting a head start on Christmas shopping is great, but personally I can't wait until the Christmas merchandise hits the shelves ;)

The Island Cats said...

MOL! Eddy, you don't look very pleased in that photo! The mom is with you on #4. Technology has always been the bane of her existence, she says...but you still need it!

Anonymous said...

That shot of Eddy is priceless! Love your fill-ins! Especially #4 - being in THAT business, I really have a Love Hate!
Love and Purrs
Mom and Marv

Kitties Blue said...

It would be so nice if autumn would show up. It was 94 degrees yesterday. This weekend will be in the 70s with rain/rain/rain. Then back to the upper 80s. Pffft! Mom totally agrees with #4. She particularly wishes no one had ever invented the telephone. Makes her crazy whenever it rings. And all the calls are sales! Mom usually has her Christmas shopping done by now, but she's been slacking off the last couple of years. She's probably only about 1/2 done. Eddy, our daddy liked your cute little fang. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

I used to love new technology. I can't keep up with it any more. I just now got the clock programmed on our RCA VHS VCR that came COD on UPS. Have a blessed week.

Momma Kat and Her Bear Cat said...

Just say no to Christmas shopping ... you make the rest of us look bad ;)

Suzanne McClendon said...

That is a great Eddy photo. :)
Good luck with your Christmas shopping.
I have a difficult time with technology sometimes, too. What I have the most difficulty with, however, is the ever changing social media. Why can't Instagram, FB, and all the others just pick a spot and stay there rather than changing things and confusing the grr out of me?
You are so blessed to actually have autumn! We haven't seen that season since we left South Carolina 14 years ago. The changing leaves are absolutely beautiful. There's nothing more breath-taking than the view of the gorge on the Blue Ridge Parkway when the leaves have changed colors. Just awesome. :)
Thanks for the information about grapes being toxic to cats and dogs!
Have a blessed day and week.