Friday, February 15, 2019

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello, Friday, it's nice to see you again. Who's as excited for Friday as we are? And who's as excited as we are for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? In case you missed the fill-in statements yesterday, we'll share them again here. Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. If it wasn't for _________, I _________.

2. _________ before _________.

3. _________ is my preferred method of communication.

4. You can't buy _________.


And, here's how I fared. My answers are written in bold.

1. If it wasn't for my furbabies, I would feel lost.
(I feel like one of my most fundamental purposes in life is to be the best mom possible to the kitties and pups who make their way to my home and heart. I am not one of those women who has ever been drawn to marriage or raising a family of the human sort. I of course mean absolutely no offense to those who do enjoy such a life, it's just not for me. That is a completely different story, however, when it comes to raising furry babies. Though I wish I could do so, so much more for all of the homeless cats and dogs in the world, I can at the very least give the happiest home that I can to my furbabies. This is one of the greatest things that gives my life purpose and joy.)

2. Sometimes you have to fall before you can rise.
(I've always thought sayings like this were inspirational in a relatable way. It's nice to have little reminders that if you fall or fail, you don't have to stay down or give up. In fact, if you fall or fail, it's most often better to get up and try again, even if that means going a different route.)

3. Writing is my preferred method of communication.
(I'm not the talkative sort, neither in person nor on the phone. I'd much rather write a letter, card, email, text message, blog post, or something along those lines. Not that I have to tell that to any of you poor souls who constantly read my babbling words here on our blog. Anyway, other answers I almost put here were imagery and silence as my favorite forms of communication.)

4. You can't buy love, but you can adopt it.
(My doodle further down in this post relates to this one.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

As with every Friday, it's now Eddy's turn to shine. Today, we have a shot of her from a really flattering angle.


See? Aren't Eddy's chest hairs so stunning?

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Our Doodle of the Day:




***
Our Tip of the Day:

We're still in National Cat Health Care Month, so we're not done with this topic just yet. We've previously mentioned using interactive toys to keep your cat active, as well as to help control their eating habits. These types of toys can also play a large role in another aspect of a cat's life, though, and that is with regard to mental stimulation. Just as with us humans, cats' minds need to be exercised just like their bodies do. Without mental stimulation, a cat can become unhappy and can act out, such as with unwanted or even dangerous behaviors, like aggression. Toys and games are just one way that you can help keep your cat's mind active and healthy.

Another method for giving your cat's mind a workout is to ensure they have a good view out of at least one window, but preferably many windows throughout the house. Watching birds, squirrels, and other wildlife, as well as people and even cars, can give your cat something to watch and something to stimulate their mind. Cats are natural predators, so of course having a view of birds and squirrels, for example, is something that they often greatly enjoy. You can put furniture, a cat tree, or even a box near a window, or even a secure screen door, where your cat can perch and watch out.

Also, don't forget the wonders that a TV or computer can work. Some cats greatly enjoy watching movement on the television, such as if they can see on the screen other animals and wildlife just like they might see out the window. The computer is also great for this. Some websites even have games or screensavers designed specifically for cats' enjoyment. Of course, do be careful that the TV or computer and any related parts and pieces are safe for your kitty, and that your kitty is safe for them.

There are many ways you can ensure that your kitty has proper mental stimulation. So, to keep your kitty happy and healthy all around, try to find their favorite means of engaging that mind of theirs.

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great answers! Our #1 answer is similar. Have a great week!

Marg said...

We really like your fill-in answers. We also agree with #1. You all have a really good day.

Eastside Cats said...

1. If it wasn't for the library, I'd be in deep doo doo.
I'm a reader, and if I had to purchase every book, I'd be broke, and my house full of books! The Hubby wouldn't be happy...
2. A is before B.
Often, I jump ahead of myself, and go from A to M in a blink! Whoa, slow down!
3. Smiles are my preferred method of communication.
Although, sometimes it's really difficult to 'git'er done!'
4. You can't buy the feeling of holding a purring cat.
You must have a cat who wants to purr for you! That's the trick!

Sandee said...

Love all your answers.

Thanks for co-hosting this fun meme.

Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches to the furbabes. ♥

pilch92 said...

Eddy is a pretty girl. Great answers to the fill-ins. I prefer writing too :) And I completely agree with #4. Cute drawing to go with #4 too. And excellent tips, as always. Several of my cats like to watch youtube videos for cats.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

We're exactly the same when it comes to your #1 answer as with so many other things! I have zero-zilch-nada maternal instinct when it comes to kids and knew early on that was not the life for me. Give me four-legged babies any day!

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! Doesn't anyone talk anymore? I think now with social media, no one knows how to communication face to face. I talk to the peeps all the time.

messymimi said...

Love your doodle -- our Tripod SissyCat has a front limb missing. In our eyes, there's no such thing as a handicapped animal.

Pam and Teddy said...

What wonderful filling in you've done this week. I can always totally identify with your responses - great minds think alike??

Hugs, Pam

David E. McClendon, Sr. said...

Your number 2 is spot on. Many of the management books I have read, including In Search of Excellence, tell us that in some companies they believe if you aren't failing you aren't trying.

We learn from failure. If we succeed without failure, that is good. But, if we push ourselves, we are going to have a certain number of tries before we succeed.

Suzanne McClendon said...

Those are very good tips. Our kitties sleep a lot, but they also get plenty of exercise following me around the house and then running when they trip me. haha

Sometimes they like to sit in my lap while I'm working on the computer. Boba especially seems intrigued by the words going onto the screen. Of course, she also likes the game of "keep Mommy's hand away from the mouse". She especially loves typing and has written pages and pages of kitty language things that I would love to be able to decipher.

Your doodles are great, as always. Yes, Eddy's chest hairs are stunning. The whole kitty is adorable.

Have a blessed Sunday and week!