Do you need a dose of Tonks to get you through today? Yes, you do? Well, Tonks has got you covered!
Tonks hopes you all have a terrific Tuesday!
Yesterday's National Pet Poison Awareness Month tip was about coins, namely the potential for them to cause zinc toxicity. Today's tip is another one about potentially dangerous metals, this one being iron. Iron can of course be found in various multivitamins, or simply iron supplements. That's not the only potential source of iron, though, as it can also be found in items such as fertilizers, hand warmers, and oxygen absorbers (such as those often found in packets of food such as beef jerky).
Ingestion of toxic amounts of iron can result in a variety of symptoms. For example, iron poisoning may cause vomiting, diarrhea, bloody stool, lethargy, and even negative effects on organs such as the heart or liver. Needless to say, be aware of what items in your household might contain iron, or any potentially dangerous substance. And, of course, keep all such items well out of reach of your furbaby. Never leave your vitamins or other medications, or any questionable items, sitting around for a curious furbaby to find. If your furbaby does get into such items and ingests them, though, then do of course seek veterinary assistance.