Friday, August 6, 2021

Friendly Fill-Ins

Welcome to Friday! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and if you'd like to join us, please do! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I am contemplating _________.

2. My _________ are _________.

3. I can _________ in record time.

4. I miss the days when _________.



My answers are below in bold.

1. I am contemplating starting on Halloween drawings during this month of August.
(If you're a regular or longtime visitor of our blog, you might already know that I am a huge fan of Halloween. I just really like all things spooky and macabre. That said, every once in a while I get into a creative funk when it comes to drawing, sometimes simply because my full-time job gets chaotic and sometimes because my muse takes a detour and gets a bit lost. Right now I'm struggling just a bit with both of those reasons, but I want to get out of the funk. When I think about what I really want to draw and what would most likely draw me out of my funk, it's all things Halloween and spooky. I think I'll go ahead and lean into this, probably starting with some summery Halloween-inspired doodles so as not to totally confuse everyone. So, spooky doodles coming soon, and I'm honestly really excited about that. I've even already put some Halloween decor up in my house to inspire me, because why not.)

2. My kitties are the bosses around here.
(Obviously.)

3. I can clean up rogue cat urine in record time.
(I'll thank Evan for this skill. After he developed urinary incontinence over a year ago, I quickly learned what cleaners and methods to use to make cleanup quick and easy.)

4. I miss the days when everyone wasn't staring at their cell phones.
(I'm not the kind of person who is social or who has a need or desire to strike up conversations with others, so that's not even why I get annoyed when people are hyperfocused on their phones. I just think it's distracting and dangerous for a variety of reason. I've seen people just staring down at their phones while out on walks, and even when walking through dark parking lots. Why not enjoy nature, or be aware of your surroundings and ensure personal safety? And what about those people who stare at their phones when driving? That's very much so not okay. I've also been to stores and restaurants where workers first have to stop looking at their cell phones before they can assist customers. I mean, really?)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Yes? Good. Because here she is with her downright adorable snaggletooth.


Happy Friday, friends!



***
Freaky Flashback Doodle of the Day

Perhaps one of the reasons I'm ready to start on Halloween doodles is because I recently rediscovered and started sharing some summery Halloween doodles that I scribbled up in 2019. Like this one here here with its jack-o'-lantern cookies.




***
Tip of the Day

We're still in the midst of our series of tips all about decorating your home around your furbabies. Today's tip on that topic involves protecting your furniture from kitty claws. After all, cats do indeed have claws. That's simply part of who they are. That being said, that doesn't mean there aren't safe, humane ways of protecting your furniture from those claws.

To begin, of course place cat scratchers throughout your house in order to give your cat appropriate places to use their claws. Cats often like to scratch as a more or less territorial display, so make sure that at least some of their scratchers are somewhere visible and in the open. You can also place a scratcher near any furniture to which your furbaby's claws gravitate. This way, your kitty can have an appropriate scratching location where you can immediately redirect them should they begin to use the furniture instead.

We recently mentioned this next idea in another tip, but we'll say it again. To protect your furniture from cat claws while also giving your cat a proper place to scratch, you can wrap sisal rope around furniture legs, rails of staircases, and other similar locations. Again, this not only protects those home features from cat claws, but also simultaneously gives your cat another appropriate place to use their claws. Another potential form of protection against cat claws for your furniture is a heavy-duty couch or chair cover.

As we said above, cats indeed have claws. Those claws are simply part of who they are. While those claws can sometimes find their way to furniture, there are proper ways to combat this. Simply research types of scratchers for your kitty to use, create your own scratchers using sisal rope, or find another way to protect the furniture while also treating your kitty and their claws in a humane way. When your kitty scratches furniture, calmly redirect them to a proper cat scratcher, so that they can learn where they should and should not sharpen those claws of theirs. Of course, also don't forget to regularly trim your kitty's nails.

13 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins and definitely #4! Have a supurr weekend and thanks for hosting! XX

The Florida Furkids said...

Great Fill-ins. Mom is sooo ready to decorate for Halloween. She can't wait to get our lighted pumpkins out. We love Eddy's snaggletooth.

The Florida Furkids

messymimi said...

Staring at a phone all of the time is dangerous, and we're ready for autumn weather for certain, as well as all the fun things that come with it.

Thanks for hosting the fill-ins, and for showing off Eddy, she's precious.

Yvonne said...

Happy Friday Eddy! Adorable.

Great fill ins. Of course the kitties are the boss :) I agree about the cellphones. I often see people in restaurants where everyone at a table is looking at their phones instead of talking to each other.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Great fill ins and Dad says the last one is so right on. Young people cannot even communicate face to face which is sad. The future of relationshipss are in the crapper

pilch92 said...

Great answers and yes, please draw all things Halloween. Cleaning up cat urine is a necessary skill. And I am with you on #4. I get especially annoyed with parents staring at screens instead of interacting with their kids. Eddy is a cutie. And the drawing is cute too. And as always, excellent tips. Have a nice weekend. XO

R's Rue said...

Yes to the last one. Happy weekend

The Island Cats said...

Nice close up of that tooth, Eddy!

Eastside Cats said...

Funny, Da Boyz use their scratching posts all of the time, but so far, Sweetie only uses the throw rug, and The PO'M hasn't been seen using anything.
It's early days for him, so I'll keep encouraging him with both horizontal and vertical scratchers.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photo and doodle! My super power is cleaning up cat puke in record time. Truffles taught me that! LOL

Cathy Keisha said...

People ax TW how she can survive without a mobile phone. She thinks she's better off for not having one. Thanx for co-hosting.

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We Mews all LOVE our sisal rope posts (tips). An we have many ta choose from.

Sandee said...

Love your fill-ins and especially #4. I long for those days too.

Thank you for co-hosting the Friendly Fill-ins.

Have a fabulous weekend. ♥