Friday, August 20, 2021

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins, and if you'd like to join us, please do! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I never thought I would _________ until _________.

2. _________ is the _________ to _________.

3. I'm happy to announce that _________.

4. _________ is like a second home to me.


My answers are below in bold. This week they're all about the furbabies.

1. I never thought I would have 4 cats until, one day, I did.
(I always knew I'd have cats, but I thought I'd have just 1 or 2 cats at a time throughout my life. It was in 2013 that the first kitten just sort of found its way to me, that being Evan. And it just kept happening. I now have 4 kitties, and I love it. I can't imagine having just 1 kitty now, and in the future I wouldn't even be opposed to having more than 4, though likely nowhere near my parents' clowder of 12. Then again, as they say, never say never.)

2. A furry friend is the way to my heart.
(Give me a kitty, pup, or anything else furry and cute and I'll be happy. In that vein of thought, I'm infinitely more likely to talk to a stranger, especially of my own accord, if they have a cat or a dog. Furry friends are my favorite icebreaker and topic of conversation.)

3. I'm happy to announce that both Thimble and Tonks got an A+ from the vet yesterday.
(Thimble and Tonks both went to the vet yesterday. The vet was happy with how they both looked, and they were both well-behaved little ladies. Thimble is a young little senior now, so her blood was drawn for a senior panel. We'll know the results of that in a couple of days, and hopefully all will be well. But, at least for right now, both Thimble and Tonks passed their exams with flying colors.)

4. Our veterinary clinic is like a second home to me.
(I'm obviously not being all that serious here, but I am at the vet all the time these days. especially with Evan and his frequent sanitary shaves and UTI checks. I don't mind too much, though. As it stands, we're not having to go regularly for any major health concerns, so that makes the visits far less stressful. Besides, I want my furbabies to be healthy, and our veterinary clinic is full of nice people, so it's not a terrible place to be. The kitties would probably have a different answer, but so be it.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.


***

How about an Eddy fix? Yeah? Well, here's the cute little girl for you.

Does Eddy's expression look a bit shocked to you? It's probably because she noticed how dirty that window and its sill are. Yikes. Eddy's probably wondering how this human missed this blatantly disgusting window when cleaning the house the other day. Ew.

Happy Friday, friends!


***

Flashback Doodle of the Day


This flashback from last year's series of doodles starring Poe and his cat Catterina is based on potentially my favorite of his short stories, that being "The Fall of the House of Usher".


***

Tip of the Day

Today's tip in our series on taking your cat to the vet is to be prepared. This may seem strange or vague, but being prepared prior to loading your kitty up in the carrier and taking him or her to the vet can help everyone avoid extra and unneeded stress and anxiety. Being prepared even involves the moments when you're getting ready to head to the vet. For example, before you get your cat into the carrier, have everything ready to go so that your kitty doesn't have to wait in the carrier longer than necessary. Have anything loaded up that you might need at the vet, such as treats, toys, or even goodies such as your cat's fecal sample. Also think of what might need prepped in the car, such as if it's hot outside and the car needs pre-cooled, if it's cold outside and the car needs pre-warmed, or even if you need to prepare a safe seat in the car for your kitty's carrier.

Of course, being prepared doesn't just end with what needs done prior to arriving at the vet. For example, if you have questions to ask or notes to share with the veterinarian, have those written down or otherwise ready to be addressed prior to arriving. This can ensure that the appointment does not last longer than necessary, which is especially important for anxious cats who grow increasingly nervous the longer they're at the vet. So, for the sake of your cat and to reduce any anxiety they might feel during a vet visit, do your best to be fully prepare prior to arriving at the vet for your kitty's appointment.

8 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins and the P.A. can really relate to #1, one day she had 6 kitties at home and fed another 12 at work! MOL Happy Friyay and thanks for hosting!

Yvonne said...

It really is easy to "collect" cats, isn't it? The most I ever had at one time is 7. We are at 3 now.

Congrats on the good vet visit!

Have a great weekend!

Eastside Cats said...

Having a veterinarian that fills you with confidence is such a wonderful thing!
I've learned to keep a vet visit out of my mind, so the cat doesn't pick up on my vibes until the grabby hands are out and whoop, the cat is in the PTU.

Cathy Keisha said...

Concats to Thumble and Tonks on their A+'s. Unfortunately MSK is like a second home to TW although she hates it and gets sick when she has to go. #3 is so true. Today she rode the elevator at MSK with a woman and they talked about cats all the way to the lobby cos the woman admired TW's tote.

pilch92 said...

Great answers. Our first one was similar. And I can relate to #2. Sorry you have had to go to the vet so often. Glad Thimble and Eddy passed their exams. Cute shot of Eddy and I like the tortie drawing. I really like how you draw torties ( and my Penny does too). Great tips too. I always warm the car up in the winter and I have even put a sweater on some of the cats going to the vet. Have a nice weekend.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Don't come inspect our windows, Eddy! They get cleaned when it rains. Yay for Thimble and Tonks! I've never had more than one cat at a time, but think it would be so much fun to watch them interact with each other. One day...

messymimi said...

A great vet and clinic is a huge blessing.

Eddy is pretty enough to distract us from the windowsill.

Those Poe-inspired doodles are great fun.

Smudge said...

RE: your #3 answer- we're so glad Thimble and Tonks made out well at the vet. I, too did pretty well with my most recent visit. Have a wonderful weekend!