Thursday, August 19, 2021

Thankful Thimble Thursday

Hello, friends! I'm sorry for yet another late post. And I'm sorry that I'm yet again postponing our poem for Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday challenge. My poem is so close to being done, but I just couldn't manage to fully finish it yesterday or this morning. We will for sure be sharing it on Saturday, as well as its illustration, which I did actually manage to finish.

We sort of have vet appointments coming out of our ears over here right now, and with those sprinkled on top of my full-time job, I have admittedly fallen behind. All the kitties are doing well, they're just all coming due for their annual exams and vaccinations and bloodwork and all that jazz all at the same time. That's okay. Once all the kitties are all taken care of, we'll get back on track.

We of course still do want to participate in Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop today.


As always, Thimble is here to give thanks. Today, though, Thimble is a admittedly a bit annoyed. Her annual exam is this afternoon. She's considered a senior now at 7 years old, so she'll be having bloodwork done, her urine checked, and all that jazz. We also need to make sure she doesn't need another dental, as she's prone to resorptive lesions in her mouth. All that said, Thimble does have something to be grateful for today. And that is her ability to flash her furrowed brows and adorable little glare at her mom, the veterinarian, and anyone else she deems too handsy and rude.


I'm sure myself and all the folks at the veterinary clinic will be seeing that face a lot this afternoon. That's okay. It's adorable, so I'll happily look at it. I will add that, despite that look on Thimble's face, she doesn't have an aggressive bone in her body. She has never bit, scratched, or done anything more than make pitiful little sounds at the vet's office. Well, she's also pooped herself before, but we'll try not to embarrass her by focusing on that.



***

Now, let's share the fill-in statements for tomorrow's Friendly Fill-ins challenge. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two, and I came up with the second two.


1. I never thought I would _________ until _________.

2. _________ is the _________ to _________.

3. I'm happy to announce that _________.

4. _________ is like a second home to me.



We'll see you tomorrow, friends!


***
Flashback Doodle of the Day


Oh look. Another doodle starring Poe and his kitty Catterina, with another feline friend.



***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip in our series on taking your cat to the vet is yet another plain and simple one, and that is to be and act calm. As you all certainly know, our furbabies can feed off of our own emotions. That's why, if you are anxious, your cat's anxiety could be heightened. So, as best as possible, remain calm and collected both before and during your cat's vet visit. Even speaking calmly and soothingly to your cat could help to make them indeed feel calm and soothed during their excursion to the vet. You can praise your cat for good behavior, of course remaining calm and quiet when doing so, as that can also help them feel more calm. The long and short of this tip is to try your best to keep any anxiety you have in check, and to remain calm for your cat's sake.

5 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Thimble, isn't it infuriating that you are giving your best glare EVER, but the humans are cooing, "Aww!" "What a cutie!" "Ooh, baby has a fierce!"

pilch92 said...

Thimble is a cutie. I hope all goes well at the vet and all her tests are good. I like the drawing and those are great tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Whoa, what a look, Thimble! And don't let anyone tell you that you're a senior at 7!

messymimi said...

Thimble is certainly capable of telling anyone to get lost if she needs to!

catladymac said...

We hope everyone's exams came out well !