Friday, August 13, 2021

Friendly Fill-Ins

Happy Friday, friends! Who's ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge? We sure are. If you'd like to join in, please do! My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I used to love playing _________ as a child.

2. When it _________ I _________.

3. _________ was the moment I realized _________.

4. _________ is a simple pleasure that I really enjoy.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I used to love playing with my furry friends as a child.
(And I also love playing with my furry friends as an adult. So there's that.)

2. When it is autumn, I will be very happy.
(Autumn offers my favorite weather and one of my most favorite holidays. Come on now, autumn.)

3. Bringing Evan home was the moment I realized I will always want to share my life with specially abled furbabies.
(First bringing home my hind limb paralyzed Evan was a bit nerve-wracking, I will admit. I didn't know if my house was fully ready for him, and I didn't know how he would adapt. He had very few issues, though, resilient as he was and still is. As I watched him get excited over his new home, and as he and I bonded more and more every single day, I realized that sharing my life with specially abled kitties or even pups is something I will always want to do. It is so rewarding.)

4. Stickers are a simple pleasure that I really enjoy.
(I collected stickers as a child. Big stickers, little stickers, sticker sheets, sticker books, and just all the stickers. And—guess what?—I collect stickers as an adult as well. I actually use them these days, though, unlike when I was a kid and sort of just hoarded them. I use my stickers in my planner, which is where I obviously put all of my plans, but also lists, thoughts, some doodles, and apparently lots of stickers to boot. I'm just a full grown adult who plays with stickers. Totally normal.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? This girl found out that this week Evan showed off his cute little nose and that Thimble showed off her pretty little whiskers, so she wanted to do the same.


Have a fantastic day!



***
Freaky Flashback Doodle of the Day

How about another spookyish doodle from the summer of 2019?




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip on taking your kitty to the vet is one that we're sure all of you have heard, and that is to get your kitty used to the carrier. The first and foremost way to do this is to keep the carrier out, in sight and accessible all the time. If the carrier is tucked away, then it very well may simply become a source of fear when it comes out once a year. Keeping it out at all times can help combat this.

What's more, try to make the carrier a place of comfort or fun. For example, place a cozy blanket in the carrier, so that it can perhaps be seen as a place to snooze. You can also place toys in the carrier, as well as treats. Or, you can try to use the carrier as a feeding station, such as by putting one of your kitty's bowls of food in there. These methods can help your cat associate the carrier with things that are cozy, fun, or commonplace, in turn helping it to be seen as less of a threat. All in all, help your kitty get used to the carrier by turning it into a place where good things happen, rather than simply a place in which once a year they're locked up and taken somewhere unfamiliar.

8 comments:

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Supurr fill-ins, and the P.A. can so relate to sticker hoarding as a kid, as well as other stationery items too! She does try to use things more now, but sometimes she just can't bring herself to! LOL Thanks for hosting! XX

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins as always. I love your story about Evan. It's such a wonderful thing to help a specially abled kitty.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We love Fill-Ins! Really fun today and Dad is thinking of a specially abled kitty too. He has to be choosy as he is older so a young kitty would not be good but he may just go for an elder. Yes Kitties are great
Love Eddy today and the Doodle Too
Happy Weekend

The Island Cats said...

What a beautiful close up of you, Eddy! Evan never ceases to amaze me as to how he doesn't act "disabled." ~Ernie

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Beautiful shot of Eddy! Hurry up fall, for sure!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I am glad you still enjoy stickers. Evan is amazing and you are to for giving him a forever home. I am glad you will always have a specially abled kitty. Eddy is a cutie and I like the drawing. Great tips too. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

messymimi said...

Of course it's fine to still play with stickers. No matter what you are doing and what age you are, make it fun and it will get done.

Eddy does have a fabulous nose.

Cathy Keisha said...

Great fill-ins and a pic of Eddy that isn't a blooper. Today has been a good day. Thanx for co-hosting.