Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday Selfie

I've gotten lazy and have grown accustomed to almost exclusively using the camera on my phone to snap shots of my furbabies. But I actually do a have a real camera that I quite enjoy using, and that takes much better photos than my phone. So, I pulled out that camera just yesterday and chased the furbabies around with it. Evan was the first to willingly pose, and he snapped this selfie while I dusted off my camera skills.


Tomorrow being Mancat Monday, you'll be seeing Evan yet again. He'll be sharing quite a cute shot, so be prepared to swoon.

Happy Sunday, friends!




***
Freaky Flashback Doodle of the Day

Today's doodle is pretty much just the sequel to yesterday's flashback, and it yet again depicts the fact that I'm ready for autumn and spooky season already.




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday we gave the tip of using couch and chair covers, or spare blankets on furniture, in order to help protect against accidents or shedding. Today's tip relates to this, and it is to select covers and blankets that might most easily mask your particular furbaby's hair. This can also go for upholstery, rugs or carpets, and even your clothing. You can try to match such things to the color of your furbaby, such as white or light items if your kitty or pup is white, or black or dark items if your furbaby is black. Then again, you can also opt for blankets, rugs, and clothing with varied patterns, as a busier design can indeed more easily hide furbaby fur that has been shed. Our furbabies' hair can indeed find its way onto nearly anything, but you can help mask it throughout your home or on your person by selecting items that will best hide it.

11 comments:

Kitties Blue said...

Mom says that she would have to own all plaid or multi-colored clothing. MOL. Evan, you look meowvolous! Mom has a simple camera somewhere but hasn’t used it in years. All the good photos on our blog come from our photographer, Dad. Thanks for hopping, Evan. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Sawyer & Kizmet

meowmeowmans said...

Avan, you mean tomorrow's photo is even MORE swoon-worthy than your handsome selfie?! Wow!

Helen said...

I use my phone for all my photos. I use my camera for videos at agility trials. Great selfie.

pilch92 said...

Evan always makes me swoon. That is a great selfie. And I like the flashback. And excellent tips, as always. XO

Timmy Tomcat said...

Evan this is a really cute photo of a fine man-cat so we can hardly wait to see whats coming

The Island Cats said...

That's a very cute selfie, Evan.

The Swiss Cats said...

Beautiful selfie, Evan ! Purrs

Dash Kitten Crew said...

LOVE Evan's portrait. He is such a gorgeous cat and looks so earnest in his photos.

messymimi said...

Great job, Evan!

Your art makes me smile.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable selfie and doodle!

Marvelous Marv said...

Even! You Rock your selfie!