Saturday, October 16, 2021

Caturday Art

This should be the last weekend that my full-time job throws a curveball at me. Hopefully. I don't technically work weekends, but being a person down at work has turned things a bit chaotic. I'm therefore posting this late, yet again, and I yet again failed to ensure that I had access to my new doodles that are scanned and ready to upload. So, it's another flashback for today. How about one I scribbled up last Halloween season, and one that I remember took me roughly an eternity to finish?


I remember that there doodle taking something like forever to scribble up largely because of the house's details. I'd never before drawn a giant, wrap-around porch, and I certainly won't draw them often. I enjoyed the process in the end, but all that detail in a doodle is honestly stressful.

We hope you enjoyed this haunted flashback!




***
Tip of the Day

We talked about sparing unwilling furbabies from dressing up for Halloween, and about selecting safe costumes for those furbabies who do enjoy dressing up. Today, we're here to remind you that, if you yourself are planning on donning a costume for Halloween, to again take your furbaby into consideration. Any costume worn by yourself, or anyone else in the house, should be safe around your kitty or pup, such as by being free of parts and pieces that a kitty or pup might chew or ingest and thereby put themselves in danger. Earlier in the month we also talked about the toxicity of items such as fake blood, so of course it's safest to refrain from including that in any costume you wear, or to only use it when your furbaby is not around.

Aside from costume dangers, also keep your furbaby's comfort and happiness in mind if you have any sort of costume for yourself. Wigs and masks, for example, might scare some cats or dogs, especially those who are already skittish. It's not only important to ensure that any costume you wear is safe around your furbaby, therefore, but that it also does not scare them.

5 comments:

Lone Star Cats said...

The haunted house doodle is adorable!

Erin the Cat Princess said...

I have to say that your pain proved to be such a delight for us. It is a wonderful drawing. I guess as we're not artists we can never truly understand the agonies of the art. But we can appreciate the outcome.
Great and such work!
ERin

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

I can't even imagine how long that took but it's amazing!

pilch92 said...

I love your flashback. Great tips too.

messymimi said...

You do these so well!