Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Tonks Tuesday

It's Tuesday. It's Tonks Tuesday around here, to be exact. And today, Tonks is here to tell you that our pesky little friend is still haunting us.


This little guy just won't leave us alone. Tonks is hoping a stern talk will send him on his way. Do you think he'll move on after that? Or do you think we're destined to be haunted by him forever?

Happy Tuesday, friends!


***

Flashback Doodle of the Day

Look familiar? I made that there doodle from last year our Halloween banner for this year, and so I thought I'd share it as a flashback today. As if the giant version of it at the top of our blog wasn't enough. I remember scribbling that doodle up after seeing and feeling inspired by a photo of someone's house fully and truly decked out for Halloween. All of the furbabies at our house are in that there doodle, and it includes a TV playing a feline version of my favorite Halloween classic. I remember how much fun I had with this one. I also remember that it was a doodle I had to overcome my perfectionism for, because I made a number of mistakes while scribbling it up, my favorite drawing pen was running out of ink and I was waiting for new ones to arrive in the mail, and all that jazz. But when I tossed perfectionism out the window, I had a ton of fun with it. It will probably always be one of my all-time favorite Halloween doodles I've scribbled up.


***
Tip of the Day

We're just in the early stages of our October-long Halloween tips. Today, how about we get one of the most common Halloween tips out of the way? That's right, today we're talking about candy. The long and short of it is that you should never leave candy sitting out where your furbaby can find it and help themselves. Whether it be candy you're saving for yourself, or the candy dish you've prepared for those trick-or-treaters, always keep it well hidden from the kitties and pups.

As you all certainly know, chocolate can very toxic to our furbabies. Another candy danger includes artificial sweeteners like xylitol, which can be found in sugar-free candy, among other foods and goods. This candy discussion can also include raisins, and the double whammy that is chocolate-covered raisins. After all, raisins are toxic to kitties and pups just like chocolate is. To be on the safe side, no matter what kind of candy you're handing out this Halloween or have around the house, keep it hidden away from curious paws and maws.

In the event that your furbaby finds the candy, know the potential signs of toxicity. These can vary, and might include vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, or even neurological symptoms. Should you think or know that your furbaby has gotten into your candy stash, or should you observe any signs of toxicity, do not hesitate to seek veterinary assistance. It also does not hurt to have on hand a poison control number, such as the ASPCA at 1-888-426-4435.

6 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Just give that guy a little whap, Tonks. He'll get the message.

The Florida Furkids said...

Guess what? We have his cousin!!!

pilch92 said...

I think he is there to stay. So cute. I love the drawing too. And excellent tips. as always.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

If you've gotta be haunted, at least he's really cute!

meowmeowmans said...

Tonks, maybe if you give that dude a good whack, he'll listen when you are talking to him!

messymimi said...

He looks friendly enough, how about just let him hang around?