Friday, May 20, 2022

Friendly Fill-Ins

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're finally here with the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. _________ was a pleasant surprise.

2. _________ was a not so pleasant surprise.

3. I can't help but _________ when _________.

4. I wish people would stop asking me _________.


My answers are below in bold. I tried to make them all about the furbabies again this time.

1. Finding Tonks's favorite canned food at the pet store a month ago was a pleasant surprise.
(No stores I had tried, online or in person, had my little calico's favorite food for months on end. I may have done an actual happy dance when I found it a month or so ago.)

2. Finding an empty slot where Tonks's favorite food should be at the pet store last week was a not so pleasant surprise.
(The days of finding Tonks's favorite food were quite short-lived.)

3. I can't help but be in a good mood when I have a cute kitty with me.
(I'm human, and so I'm admittedly not always in the best mood. But, when one of my kitties, or any kitty, keeps me company, my mood immediately improves.)

4. I wish people would stop asking me if my specially abled Evan has a good quality of life.
(I've mentioned this before. Evan is hind limb paralyzed. He's 9 years old, and he's been this way since he was roughly 6 weeks of age. I've had anywhere from strangers all the way to vet techs ask me if I think Evan really has a good quality of life. Evan isn't his usual happy, active, running, playing, cuddly self when he's in the company of strangers, and most especially not when he's at the vet. So, when people ask me this, I try to kindly explain to them that they're not seeing the real Evan, and that the real Evan I see and know loves life.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Today Eddy wanted to share a flashback photo with an old friend.


Eddy loved that little gnome, but he's been missing for some time now. There's a chance he's up in the box spring of my bed, as Eddy has ripped it to shreds and now enjoys taking and hiding things up there. It was nice knowing you, gnome.

Eddy and all of us here wish you a fantastic Friday!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

And, here's yet another weird, witchy flashback doodle from a couple of years ago. I remember scribbling this up after reading a story that included a dessert called a moondust cupcake. I immediately had to scribble that up, and this was the result.




***
Tip of the Day

We yet again have just a random tip today, and it's also likely a repeat one, but we felt compmelled to share it. So, always remember that our kitties, and even our pups, can be pros at hiding discomfort and disease. In the wild, displaying weakness can make one easy prey, and our furbabies have transferred that even to their lives with us. This is just one reason why it's important to take your furbaby in for at least their annual exams, so that those hidden diseases can be caught as early as possible. But, prevention of diseases can easily begin at home, even with simple checks of your furbaby and their behaviors. Get in the habit of keeping track of your furbaby's usuals, from how much and when they usually eat, when and where they usually relieve themselves, or how and where they usually sleep. Keep an eye on anything and everything about them, such as their posture – do they look hunched up, uncomfortable? How about their eyes? Are their eyes unusually squinted, their pupils dilated, their third eyelids up? Veterinarians can help treat and cure disease, but preventing it or catching it early is often something best suited for a pet parent. After all, no one knows your furbaby like you do.

9 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy is such a cutie!
Being at a cat cafe recently was terrific, not like when I walk the 'hood but cannot pet the cats!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love that gnome! Evan is such a special kitty. Seems the cat food situation is getting just a *little* bit better...

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love that gnome! Evan is such a special kitty. Seems the cat food situation is getting just a *little* bit better...

pilch92 said...

Great answers. I am glad you were able to find some of Tonk's favorite food. I wish the news would talk about the cat food shortage like they do the formula shortage. That is a rude question, clearly Evan has a great quality of life. Sorry the gnome is missing. Cute drawing and excellent tips. Have a wonderful weekend. XO

messymimi said...

Maybe Tonks favorite will be back soon, i hope so.

Of course, Evan has a great quality of life. As hard as it may be to let a cat go at the end, you are the kind of person who would never keep an animal alive and suffering in any way.

Hello, Eddy! Maybe you need to dig out that gnome.

Did the witch in your doodle bigify the cupcake? Awesome, more for everyone!

Lone Star Cats said...

I are so tired of all da shortages!!

meowmeowmans said...

That photo of Eddy is so cute! We recently had to scramble to get some of Ava's food, too. These shortages are the worst.

The Island Cats said...

Aw, Eddy. I bet she visits her little friend, the gnome, when she can. :)

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Love that gnome! The cat food situation seems to be getting a *little* bit better...