Monday, May 2, 2022

Squeaky Clean Mancat Monday

Last week, Evan shared a flashback photo of himself before he started getting groomed regularly. Nowadays, he has to endure sanitary shaves every three weeks because that has become the most successful way to keep him clean despite his urinary incontinence. So, today, Evan wants you all to see what his mom pays a groomer to do to him.


Honestly, this here mom of Evan's thinks he's downright adorable even when he's looking just a tad bit like a baboon. More importantly, simply trimming up his back end like this works wonders in allowing me to keep this boy clean. I've told Evan that if he let me shave him up a bit back there, he could avoid all the car rides and grooming visits. However, as I mentioned last week, Evan has told me in no uncertain terms that I am not to touch his precious fur, but he will act like a perfect angel for his groomer. The groomer also gives Evan a little bath each time he's there, and it makes him so very squeaky clean.

Do you like Evan's new hairdo? If you see Evan looking like this in photos, now you know why.

Happy Monday, friends!


***

Now that I've wrapped up wild and crazy April, I'm revamping both my work and personal schedule to finally allow me to get back on track with some personal projects that are very important to me, including art and writing and the like. Early this week, now that I finally have more time again, I'm really trying to buckle down on finishing the last A to Z Challenge doodles that I fell so far behind on in April. Once I get those all done, or at least mostly done, I'll finally start sharing them again and all that jazz. It probably sounds silly to some for me to put so much emphasis on activities like drawing, but art is a very significant part of my life, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't hope to one day turn it into something more than just a hobby. The same guys for my passion of writing, just to name another.

All that rambling aside, what I'm getting at is that, still, as I finish the A to Z doodles over the next couple of days, we'll share some more flashback doodles. So, how about one from my 2019 April A to Z Challenge? This one's in honor of Evan's aforementioned grooming visits.


***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday's spring safety tip was about taking precautions around potentially dangerous products during any spring cleaning. In addition to spring cleaning, home renovations and other similar projects are often tackled this time of year. If you are planning any home renovations during the spring months, or any time of the year, keep in mind that some paints, varnishes, and other such products can indeed be toxic to our furbabies if ingested. The fumes of such products can also of course pose risks. Renovations and the like might also mean the arrival of bits and bobs such as nails and screws, which of course can be dangerous if ingested or if stepped on by furbaby paws. There are any number of dangerous items that might be involved in home renovations or other such projects, so always keep this in mind with regard to your furbaby. Block their access to dangerous areas, and keep all dangerous items tucked out of reach when not in use.

6 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Evan, you look cute no matter what.

Eastside Cats said...

Evan, it's impawtant to keep you clean, handsome.
Maybe you have a crush on the groomer?

pilch92 said...

Evan is adorable even with a bit of fur shaved off. Cute drawing and excellent tips. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You look absolutely precious, Evan!!!

messymimi said...

Evan, it looks great on you.

Rosie in a bathtub, what a fun doodle! Art is very important, for those with the talent it's as important as breathing.

Lone Star Cats said...

Hey, there's a lotta people who pay for someone else to tidy up "down there" MOL!