Friday, August 11, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and a Blurry Bath

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. Sometimes I like _________ and sometimes I don't.

2. If I had a nickel for every time _________, I would be rich.

3. _________ is already _________, but I'm not complaining.

4. I haven't yet decided _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. Sometimes I like potatoes and sometimes I don't.
(I like potatoes in pretty much any form. Baked, mashed, scalloped, in the form of fries, it's all good to me. When I'm in the mood, that is.)

2. If I had a nickel for every time a kitty woke me up at night, I would be rich.
(At least then I would be tired and rich. Mostly courtesy of my sweet tabby girl Thimble, who doesn't believe in a full night of sleep.)

3. Halloween is already in stores, but I'm not complaining.
(I love me some Halloween and all things autumn, so I myself find great joy in seeing Halloween in stores in the summer. It personally helps me get through the last hot and humid weeks of summer.)

4. I haven't yet decided what book to read next.
(This is a constant struggle for me these days. My to-read list is daunting, which brings me both joy and anxiety. Even when I'm in the middle of one book, I'll be wondering in the back of my mind what book I should pick up next.) 


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.


***

Are you ready for your Eddy fix? Yes? Well, today's shots might as well be bloopers. They star Eddy basked in the terrible lighting of the sunny window, blurry as she bathes next to her year round Christmas tree. Even blurry and terribly lit, though, Eddy is a cute little lady, so here you go.





Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday we gave the tip of using couch and chair covers, or spare blankets on furniture, in order to help protect against accidents or shedding. Today's tip relates to this, and is to select covers and blankets that might most easily mask your particular furbaby's hair. This can also go for upholstery, rugs or carpets, and even your clothing. You can try to match such things to the color of your furbaby, such as white or light items if your kitty or pup is white, or black or dark items if your furbaby is black. Then again, you can also opt for blankets, rugs, and clothing with varied patterns, as a busier design can indeed more easily hide furbaby fur that has been shed. Our furbabies' hair can indeed find its way onto nearly anything, but you can help mask it throughout your home or on your person by selecting items that will best hide it. Of course, regular washing and vacuuming can help prevent some evidence of shedding, but since it's unavoidable altogether in a home run by kitties or pups, you can find ways to somewhat mask the rogue fur.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

Great fill ins. I love all kinds of potatoes. Of course, my favorites are the ones not healthy like French fries :)

Agree about #2. I wish I thought of that.

Have a great weekend!

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I know what you mean about being woken up at night. And I am with you on Halloween stuff. I wouldn't mind if it was out year round. Eddy is a cutie. Nice drawing and great tips. I always save our old clothes to line the kitty beds.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Adorable photos! I love watching kitties bathe. I've been buying SO much Halloween stuff this year!

messymimi said...

There's never enough time for all the books. I hope there's a library in heaven.

Eddy, your silhouette is lovely.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Looking epic Eddy! Oh yes, mash potatoes are a favourite here, but they have to be really well mashed, no lumpy bits at all! MOL And Amber says SNAP on #4, she is in constant 'what to read next' mode and to find something that she wants to share on the blog. Maybe one in four that she reads makes it to the review page, so she really understands, the struggle is real. So far this summer out of eleven books, she's only got two ready for the new review season.

meowmeowmans said...

Looking good, Eddy! And clean, too! :)

Fortunately for us, Ava is on our sleep schedule -- once she falls asleep, she does not wake up until about 6 am.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Cute photos and doodle!