Friday, August 18, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Window Whiffies

Hello and welcome, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. A sight I would like to unsee is _________.

2. I plan to _________ before the summer is over.

3. I sometimes forget that _________ isn't considered normal by most.

4. If my life were a book, the current chapter I'm in would be titled _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. A sight I would like to unsee is Evan's frightened face when I left him at the emergency vet when he had his urethral obstruction.
(Evan is the first furbaby I've adopted as my own as an adult that I've had to leave at the emergency vet for hospitalization. This was this past December. It was heartbreaking watching them take him away. He looked back at me with such terror in his eyes. I also felt immense heartache when I'd go visit him his first days in the hospital and I'd have to say goodbye those times as well, and he'd again look so scared when they'd take him away. I'm so glad my baby boy is home with me and doing well these days. He's on lots of medications to ensure that, but he's a happy boy and I'm so grateful for that.)

2. I plan to do some Halloween decor window shopping before the summer is over.
(A lot of Halloween goodies are put in stores in the summer. I've learned that by the time Halloween itself rolls around, the spooky stuff starts selling out or getting replaced by Christmas. I don't know that I'll be purchasing much in terms of Halloween decor this year, but I'll still for sure be doing some perusing and admiring before it all disappears from the shelves for good. After all, I love me some Halloween.)

3. I sometimes forget that seeing a kitty drag his back legs behind him isn't considered normal by most.
(I once had a maintenance worker at my house, and Evan was walking in front of him in his little hind limb paralyzed way. I'm so used to it that I didn't think to explain it until I saw the look of confusion, or possibly horror, on the poor man's face.)

4. If my life were a book, the current chapter I'm in would be titled Bless This Mess.
(This could relate to so many things in my life right now. Home life, work life, my boy Evan's urinary incontinence and bowel issues, you get the idea. Things are often simply a mess, in more ways than one, but a lot of the mess is still a blessing.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

Eddy is of course here to give you a dose of her adorableness. She's sorry she didn't look at the camera, but she's just so busy enjoying some window whiffies while it's less than 80°F outside.


When it hits 90°F this weekend and next week, this mean mom of Eddy's won't be opening the windows. Eddy finds that very rude.


Eddy hopes you all have window whiffies weather! Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day

We have another flashback doodle today starring Edgar Allan Poe and his tortie Catterina. Oh, and a certain black bird.




***
Tip of the Day

Today's tip on taking that kitty of yours to the vet is, if safe and feasible, getting your cat use to car rides. This is something that might work best if started at a young age, but can also potentially be done with older cats who are not too stressed by the experience. You can simply try taking your kitten or cat out on short car rides. Of course, make sure that these short practice rides end in a non-vet location, so that your kitty can learn that car rides don't have to be associated with going to a veterinary clinic. If your cat is willing to and can safely eat while traveling, use treats as positive reinforcement during short practice rides in the car. Toys and other positive items can also be used, when possible. That all said, be sure to keep your kitty safe, such as by keeping them in a carrier securely placed in the car.

Just as with anything, car rides can take some getting used to for our kitties. Of course, not all cats will be calm during car rides, sometimes not even with practice. This is why it is important to always monitor your cat while they are on a car ride. If it is not safe to take your cat on even leisurely, practice car rides, such as if you see rapid or open-mouth breathing from them, then do not attempt unneeded car rides. You can discuss options with your veterinarian for making car rides easier for your kitty, and at least one of our tips in the near future will also touch on the topic of helping your kitty feel calmer in the car.

7 comments:

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your answers. I love the title of your chapter. Get to Michael's soon, they have a lot of Halloween stuff out and a 40 percent off coupon online. I scored a package of 4 black cat ornaments yesterday. Looks like Eddy is distracted by the great outdoors. Cute drawing - I love how you draw torties. And excellent tips. XO

messymimi said...

I forget a Tripod SissyCat isn't normal, too. You and I must think a lot alike, I also chose Bless This Mess for my current chapter -- I'm a janitor/housekeeper.

It's always a joy to see Eddy, thank you!

Eastside Cats said...

Eddy, we had open windows today, but such a cool wind blew in, that we closed them again!

Lone Star Cats said...

90 would feel like a cold front here, MOL!

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

We're supposed to stay in the 70s next week!!! YAY!!! I don't window shop for Halloween and Christmas...I buy! MOL

meowmeowmans said...

Darn, sorry it'll be window-closing weather, Eddy!

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Nice pics, Eddy!