Friday, October 6, 2023

Friendly Fill-Ins and Eddy's Outtakes

Hello and happy Friday, friends! We're ready for the Friendly Fill-Ins challenge, and we'd love for you to join us. My amazing co-host Ellen of 15andmeowing came up with the first two fill-in statements, and I came up with the second two.


1. I no longer feel the need to _________.

2. My October list of things to do includes _________ and _________.

3. I'm proud of myself for _________.

4. I plan to _________ in order to improve _________.


My answers are below in bold.

1. I no longer feel the need to take on extra work.
(Though I've never been one to say yes to things that I'm really against, as someone who prides myself on working hard and doing a good job, I've always had a bad habit of taking on extra work in the workplace. However, after realizing how that can lead to burnout as well as abuse of my willingness to work, I've started saying no to many requests that I'm not required to take on. This has certainly led to far less stress on my end.)

2. My October list of things to do includes spooky creations and Christmas shopping.
(I have drawings, writing pieces, and other crafts and creations related to Halloween that are in progress, which will of course be worked on this months. Then there's Christmas, for which I'm behind on shopping, and so that's also on the docket.)

3. I'm proud of myself for not giving up.
(I'm mostly referring to not giving up on my personal goals and hopes. I've been mentioning for years how I have personal goals for my creative endeavors, like publishing my writing and doing a lot more with my art. A lot of the end goals I was hoping for haven't happened yet, in part because of external factors and in part because of myself falling short. But, I'm still working at them and still do absolutely plan to put my writing, art, and other creative endeavors out into the world much sooner than later.)

4. I plan to rework my schedule in order to improve my productivity.
(This in a way relates to #3 above, as well as #1, actually. Both my work and personal schedules are things I can tweak in order to get more done related to my passions, which are very important to me, and so I'll be doing just that.)


Now it's your turn!
To add your link to the Friendly Fill-Ins Linky list, just click HERE!
You can also click on the badge below to add your link.


You are also welcome to complete the fill-ins in the comments below,
or in the comments on Ellen's blog, 15andmeowing.



***

It's not even the official day of bloopers, but today Blooper Queen Eddy is still happy to share what might as well be considered outtakes. I mentioned the other day how I've been chasing the kitties and pup around and trying to beg them to partake in Halloween photo shoots, and as always, Eddy has so far been the least cooperative. She just sees no need to sit still for that silly camera, hence shots like these.



Hopefully at some point this month Eddy will have some non-blooper Halloween shots to share, but that remains to be seen. The Blooper Queen has to live up to her name, after all.

Happy Friday, friends!



***
Flashback Doodle of the Day




***
Tip of the Day

Yesterday's Halloween tip was the obvious recommendation to keep candy away from your furbaby, since chocolate and other such goodies are indeed toxic to kitties and pups. Today, we're going a tad bit further and reminding you that even the inedible parts and pieces of candy can pose a risk to our furbabies. We're referring to candy wrappers, sucker sticks, and other candy-related bits and bobs. These remnants of a scrumptious piece of candy can smell and taste good to a pup or kitty and might therefore end up in their mouth. If ingested, wrappers, sucker sticks, and the like could result in gastrointestinal distress or more serious bowel obstruction or perforation. So, needless to say, don't only keep candy out of your furbaby's reach, but also wrappers and other leftovers after the candy itself is gone. Put any trash left behind by candy in a secure garbage can where you kitty or pup cannot get to it, in order to keep your furbaby happy and healthy.

5 comments:

pilch92 said...

I enjoyed all your fill-ins answers. I can't wait to see more of your spooky creations. I love this drawing and the shots of Eddy are cute. Great tips too. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Cute bloopers! It's very easy to be taken advantage of when you're always saying yes. It's good to set boundaries.

messymimi said...

Tweaking the schedule to get it better is an ongoing thing.

Eddy is wonderful from every angle.

Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty said...

Love the art and outtakes!

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Furbulous fill-ins and the P.A. can so relate to #3, she too has spent many years on writing and other creative purrsuits etc... life gets in the way, things happen to divert your attention away and then mew realise several years have flown by and there's a lot of catching up to do! Ever onward and upward! Happy Sunday guys!